• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*SPECULATION* Rapoport: Panthers Among Potential Suitors For Trading For 16 Million Dollar Scatback Jarvis Landry

Saca312

DISCLAIMER: This Is A Rapoport Take. Meaning, it's on par with his world famous Ron Rivera to LA take and Jarvis Landry to the Saints because LSU.

This is not sourced. This is merely speculation. I apologize sincerely for the confusion.

*****************************************************************************************

Apparently Hurney's interested in paying 16 million dollars to a slot receiver at best.

Hopefully this is merely speculation and nothing more. Despite what you think about Landry and his skillset 16 million dollars is way too much, and I have doubts he'll be negotiating a reasonable deal.

Of course, if this does happen, there's always potential to negotiate for a better contract while he's franchise tagged. 

The bigger issue is the risk of him not accepting any offers while giving up a lot of trade capital for him. I can't see this being a plausible or good move, but it is Hurney after all.

I love a good rumor, but this says potential suitors. That could mean anything; for example, man who is willing to give house away to someone in need of house, homeless people are potential suitors.

im not talking down to homeless ppl I’m just using an analogy

@Mr. Scot also has a point, which makes us being possible suitors for Landry even more perplexing.

We have to give up a LOT of draft capital just because he's a franchise tagged player.  Not only that, but we'd be taking up the franchise tag price as well, which wouldn't be wise for our current cap situation. Even via trade, there's no doubt the Dolphin's will be begging for a lot in return for Landry.

Hurney would be an even bigger idiot than I'd have ever thought if this ever comes to fruition.

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

And please spare me the Landry cult. I don't need to be converted to whatever deity you see in Landry or slandered for not thinking he's the next coming of Jerry Rice or something.

I think he's a solid WR and I would love to have him in a vacuum, but I wouldn't want him at the type of contract that he's likely to demand (and get). And I certainly wouldn't want to swing a trade for him under the franchise tag. Oh hell no. Hard pass.

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Apparently Hurney's interested in paying 16 million dollars to a slot receiver at best.

Hopefully this is merely speculation and nothing more. Despite what you think about Landry and his skillset 16 million dollars is way too much, and I have doubts he'll be negotiating a reasonable deal.

you post too much. landry is a playmaker. stop stealing things from reddit. I want this to happen. I mean he's no paul richardson or a risk of a draft pick.

Archived