• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams will trade or release Tavon Austin

Palmetto

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918323/article/rams-will-trade-or-release-tavon-austin

"Coming out of West Virginia in 2013, Austin was billed as a prolific playmaker, worthy of sacrificing four draft picks in a trade with the Bills. Although he parlayed a breakout 2015 campaign (10 touchdowns and nearly 1,000 yards from scrimmage) into a prodigious four-year, $42 million deal in the summer of 2016, Austin never lived up to the contract -- much less the predraft hype "

I wouldn't even pick him up as a free agent but he could be great with a team like the Pats or Packers

4 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Cheap?:thinking: if its really cheap i guess it wouldn't hurt to maybe get a "deep threat"

No illusions for me...he can return punts and is a utility slot guy that can make us some plays.  Nothing more.  Really cheap.

Mr Scot, yes he'd replace one of the fringe guys (like Clay or Bersin etc).  I value him a little more than most.  A little more.  And honestly (I'll get roasted on this board for this) but counting on Byrd is just something I can't do right now.  Was looking better but then boom, hurt out for the year. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The comparison here I guess would be Kaelin Clay. Do you take him over Clay?

Keep in mind that while he may not be terribly expensive, he will be more expensive than Clay.

Of course you take him over Clay.  No contest.

Archived