• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sammy Watkins Will Enter Free Agency - Will Not Be Tagged

bobsfoodbasics

54 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Played in terrible offenses with quarterbacks who can’t throw accurately over 15 yards and gotten injured just about every year.

i think that sums it up

I would think we'd try to get away from that, rather than bring people in that are used to it.

9 minutes ago, Yazac21o said:

I am not so sure about Sammy and Cam putting up numbers.  Since Cam entered the league, he has thrived with fast wide receivers.  15-1 came with Ted Ginn, Philly, Funch, and Cotchery.  Olsen was the stud in reception yards.  Sammy ran a 4.48 at the combine, and has had multiple injuries in first 4 years, which leads me to believe his speed has decreased.  I am just skeptical at this point about the obsession with Big slow instead of short fast.  My call is Mike Wallace for a bargain, and let Funchess have 1 more year to prove it.  Good depth and field stretching guys will improve run game and give Funch better opportunities.

Goff_underthrows_open_Watkins.gif

Watkins_ACC_SPEEED.gif

Watkins_burning_and_adjusting.gif

Watkins_YAC.gif

2 minutes ago, Isaac said:

#Roasted.  I am really playing devils advocate here.  I would love Sammy.  I am just worried he might be redundant.

i don't think he's redundant at all tbh. he's the ideal z in turner's play action offense. he'll take pressure off of funchess, and allow the younger receivers to come around more slowly. also may help us get an extra 1-2 years of big games out of olsen too. i think he's the absolute perfect free agent for this team, and one of the rare times i would feel completely okay with loosening the purse strings, and getting into a bidding war. really does so much for this offense, and cam. 

1 hour ago, Dex said:

Can someone explain the Huddle's obsession with this kid? What has he done since he's been in the league?

His yards per game is within 5yrds of Landry who some around here consider elite.  I think a lot of people look at his yearly totals, especially the last two.

He had almost a 1000 yards his rookie year, over a 1000 his second year.  His third year he missed half the season I think.  Last year he was traded to a team that unexpectedly had a rookie play really well.  Also the system they run might work better for their other receivers.  

Also his skill set is exactly what this offense needs, an outside receiver with speed.  

Will he be overpaid based on his injury history and production the last two years?  Probably

If he becomes a quality #1 receiver though that deal could actually become a bargain.

29 minutes ago, Isaac said:

#Roasted.  I am really playing devils advocate here.  I would love Sammy.  I am just worried he might be redundant.

redundant with who?

We don't really have that all around receiver in my opinion.  Do we have someone with speed and size on this team?  Deep speed and RAC ability?  I think he would easily be the most all around receiver on our team.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

look at the QBs he has played with

The guy is immensely talented and has matured at lot since entering the league

I would be beyond thrilled if we got him, he and Cam would put up numbers. 

Goff was pretty good last year.....

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

look at the QBs he has played with

The guy is immensely talented and has matured at lot since entering the league

I would be beyond thrilled if we got him, he and Cam would put up numbers. 

Deandre Hopkins in comparison has had bad qb play his entire career and puts up big numbers

1 hour ago, Dex said:

Can someone explain the Huddle's obsession with this kid? What has he done since he's been in the league?

I'll write-up something soon if yall want.

I'll honestly try to be as objective as possible and highlight some of his lowlights. But I'm real passionate in him. 

He's honestly like the Cam Newton of receivers in which he's basically in piss poor circumstances for his ability. He'd be perfect as a Norv Turner big receiver receiving deep passes from Cam.

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I'll write-up something soon if yall want.

I'll honestly try to be as objective as possible and highlight some of his lowlights. But I'm real passionate in him. 

He's honestly like the Cam Newton of receivers in which he's basically in piss poor circumstances for his ability. He'd be perfect as a Norv Turner big receiver receiving deep passes from Cam.

I think everyone would like to have someone like him but we all know we can't afford him. We have to many other holes to fill and sorry ass Gano is getting paid either way.

57 minutes ago, SOJA said:

pretty good, not Cam Newton good. Also there is no comparison between Cam's deep ball and Goff's

Goff was better than Cam last year. 1 year doesn’t make him a better QB though. Want to see if Goff can consistently be good.

Archived