• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lowering The Head To Initiate Contact Is Now A Penalty

Saca312

9 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Have any of these idiots, that make these rules, ever played the game? what position to Goodell play in college?

It's human nature.  grabbing the facemask still happens, even tho a 15y penalty. holding still happen even tho it's rarely called.... 

Human nature is to duck being hit. The hits to Cam and any other player should definalty be called and already should have been,

3 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Leading with the head has been a penalty since 2013.

Wasn’t this rule specifically about RBs initiating contact with the crown of their helmets? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this rule enforced though.

Anyone that doesn't believe the refs are biased are fooling themselves. These gray area rules are put into place to make sure the refs can favor who the NFL wants to win that week while hiding behind the rule book. It's no coincidence we get rid of one huge grey area rule with the catch rule only to put in place another huge one. The NFL is fixed.

5 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Anyone that doesn't believe the refs are biased are fooling themselves. These gray area rules are put into place to make sure the refs can favor who the NFL wants to win that week while hiding behind the rule book. It's no coincidence we get rid of one huge grey area rule with the catch rule only to put in place another huge one. The NFL is fixed.

I don’t think the catch rule was as grey area as some made it seem.

My big problem with penalties is that they are much more subject to opinion, and are not reviewable.

im sorry, but a 40 yard pass interference penalty should be reviewable. 

I agree with your idea that the nfl is setting its refs up with unbelievable power to influence the outcome of a game.

if the rule changes have to be made, that’s fine, but there should be the option for a coach to throw a challenge flag and force a review on key down penalties.

24 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

this is a way to say Cam is a QB not a running back, so he can't duck. He has to take it, ...or not run. The NFL is covering their ass or sees the problem. I guess 2018 and we will all see how fairly this rule is applied. 

885014.gif

16 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Might as well do away with helmets while they are at it.

My prediction is that within 20 years, hard plastic is removed from football (think helmets and shoulder pads) -- replaced with a type of foam.  It will be like rugby with padding.  It would change the game, but plastic is what gives the hardest hits and false sense of protection. 

15 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If true, this rule could impact the value of the Carolina Panthers, if not scuttle the sale of the team entirely.

Considering the Panthers bidding is up past the highest in NFL history, i'd say that the guy's perception of the league is wrong. Either that or billionaires don't understand marketing and microeconomics. 

35 minutes ago, aGDevil2k said:

My prediction is that within 20 years, hard plastic is removed from football (think helmets and shoulder pads) -- replaced with a type of foam.  It will be like rugby with padding.  It would change the game, but plastic is what gives the hardest hits and false sense of protection. 

then straws!

Archived