• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Film Room Ep. 71: Isaiah Oliver is the best cornerback in the draft

Palmetto

55 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

IMO he's alot more NFL ready than Josh Jackson and if a man heavy team drafts Jackson he'll struggle mightily. 

Agreed. I like Jackson a LOT for a zone heavy scheme. His instincts and ball skills are very reminiscent of Josh Norman, but his technical skills need a lot of work. He'd get eaten alive if asked to play a lot of man coverage as a rookie.

I'd be thrilled if we took him.

The breakdown states he’s excellent in press coverage but should only be playing off the ball coverage a few snaps a game...does this mean he’s not suited for Zone coverage? If so, how would he fit here given our scheme?

This isn’t to say I don’t like him. My God, I can’t telll u how many times I scream at the TV for our CBs giving a 10 yard cushion to the WRs...but if our scheme isn’t changing, do u really think we’d draft a guy who sounds like he’s a more ideal fit in man to man?

8 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

The breakdown states he’s excellent in press coverage but should only be playing off the ball coverage a few snaps a game...does this mean he’s not suited for Zone coverage? If so, how would he fit here given our scheme?

This isn’t to say I don’t like him. My God, I can’t telll u how many times I scream at the TV for our CBs giving a 10 yard cushion to the WRs...but if our scheme isn’t changing, do u really think we’d draft a guy who sounds like he’s a more ideal fit in man to man?

doubt you do it for a rookie but if he can handle it they could play him like they did Norman with coverage rolled away and him playing more man then the rest of the team. he would still need to be able to play zone really well though as it would still be a large portion of his snaps

Archived