• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

some more inside info

juliosantos

14 minutes ago, chknwing said:

ok I'm confused.  Carolina has 11 WR's and 9 CB's on the roster and only 3 RB's.  And they want a WR or CB in the 1st?  

Marty in charge bruh... either way... i think we'll over reach for a sub value player in the first...try and make up for it in the second round with a panic pick and we'll end up with nobody as a starter....count on squandering the 3rd round picks.

1 hour ago, CatTower said:

CAP in the J. Stew role?  Don't buy it.  We need a bulldozer.

So what position of  need do you ignore?  At least we have a starting RB and a decent backup. 

CAP is to RB > Manhertz is to TE--we are running 2 TE sets--we need TE (see Turner, Norv).

WR, S, CB are a given.       

While I would agree with you,  Stew averaged 3.4 yards per carry last year.  Not bulldozing.

1 hour ago, juliosantos said:

Just got back from the gym with my good friend thats a scout . Keep in mind he is a scout and hes speaking from what hes hearing with his group and the final say does come down to hurney which there is a lot of factors that go into making the pick. This info isn't too crazy but i think its worthy to share . Al ot of people think we are going to take a rb early but thats not the case and its more likely we dont draft a running back or we pick one in the later rounds 5th or even past that,  wont be any big names like michel or chubb unless they fall drastically. My friend said rivera is 100% sold on starting cameron artis payne in the jonathan stewart role , so even if there is a drafted rb he will likely sit behind cap . Hurney wants the early round draft picks to be starters and play immediately so its best interest that they dont draft a high rb.

First round pick is either wr or db , most likely cb . They dont believe bradberry is a number one cb so either rounds 1 or 2 most likely is going to be a corner. They believe cb is a bigger need then safety is .Another position we are projecting early is tight end , hurney wants a starter from day 1 in the dickson role . Norv turner has a big say on this draft and he specifically wants a wr and he has a tye , cortland sutton is far down the list and were not interested in him. he told me as of now and he said it changes a lot but our top 3 receivers are kirk , ridley and dj moore . all 3 are first rounders . 

- Makes sense. Rivera prety much said as much during his Combine presser.

- Very interesting that Kirk is our #1 WR

2 hours ago, CatTower said:

CAP in the J. Stew role?  Don't buy it.  We need a bulldozer.

Lol.  This plays right into my super sleeper of the draft.  If we are only gonna draft a RB late I want Darrell Williams from LSU. Let CMC move it down the field and he would definatley punch it in.  He would help our poor red zone rate. 6’2” 230 lbs. Good back. Was just stuck behind Fornette. And if you saw LSU with Guice, Williams was the red zone back. And he has decent hands  

Archived