• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few observations from today's practice.

Jeremy Igo

The Williams injury was awful. I have not heard a player scream in pain like that since Kelvin Benjamin. Best we can hope for is a broken bone at this point I think. Would be better than joint damage. Poor guy is in a contract year.

James Bradberry had whatay be his best day of camp in recent memory. Guy was just all over Funchess all day long.

Guess what? Cameron Artis Payne looks really good in camp. But he always has. I still don't understand why he is so underutilized.

Cam getting rid of the ball quicker this year for sure. Far fewer "would be sacks". You all know it always drove me crazy when half of camp was just Cam sitting back for seven seconds before throwing. Those days appear to be gone.

The secondary overall today smothered the receivers. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

CMC was wearing a sweater shirt under his pads. Seems like he is talking to CJ Anderson. Anderson always does, says he likes to practice feeling heavy so when gameday comes he feels light . 

For the folks that swore offensive execution had nothing to do with coaching.... The entire offense is so much crisper this year. Everything already looks well into preseason form.

Such a horrible situation for Williams. It always comes back to this being a true ‘business’. He had an offer on the table that I’d imagine would have made him a top 10 paid right tackle in the league. He (rightfully so) declined and bet on himself and ends up in an absolute nightmare scenario. Gotta feel for the guy. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The secondary overall today smothered the receivers. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I don't think they're unaware that the secondary is widely seen as our weakest link on the D side. They're playing with chips...I like it. I hope they carry it through the season.

I can't wait to field an actual offense this year. The biggest difference I see this training camp is how Norv and our offensive coaches are ACTUAL coaching the offense and working with them. I can't believe it's taken Ron this damn long to hire an actual offensive coach that knows what he's doing. I have no doubt we would have one superbowl by now if we made this switch a long time ago. Thank God the Shula days of miscommunication, confused, predictable, sloppy offense is gone.

40 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

if williams is done you're gonna have to.

Yep. No more relying solely on Cam to do everything for the offense. Norv is going to have to scheme around to make it work (which I think he is capable of). If Shula was still OC in these same circumstances, I would be absolutely devastated for the upcoming season (still sucks though, DW is a beast).

39 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Offense is going to be potent with Hi-Lo passing concept to go with a traditional running game & a mobile QB. I pity the NFL defenses that are gonna try to stop them!

Our line is still sheet though. What I would have gave to keep Norwell around. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Williams injury was awful. I have not heard a player scream in pain like that since Kelvin Benjamin. Best we can hope for is a broken bone at this point I think. Would be better than joint damage. Poor guy is in a contract year.

James Bradberry had whatay be his best day of camp in recent memory. Guy was just all over Funchess all day long.

Guess what? Cameron Artis Payne looks really good in camp. But he always has. I still don't understand why he is so underutilized.

Cam getting rid of the ball quicker this year for sure. Far fewer "would be sacks". You all know it always drove me crazy when half of camp was just Cam sitting back for seven seconds before throwing. Those days appear to be gone.

CMC was wearing a sweater shirt under his pads. Seems like he is talking to CJ Anderson. Anderson always does, says he likes to practice feeling heavy so when gameday comes he feels light . 

For the folks that swore offensive execution had nothing to do with coaching.... The entire offense is so much crisper this year. Everything already looks well into preseason form.

Yeah I was there today.. didn’t sound good at all when Williams went down heard the scream.. I was there when Cam was calling out the Falcons douche!! Too funny.. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Bullet dodged. I for sure thought he broke something.

Yeah that sounded terrible to me from the hill... My skinny ass can’t even imagine that type of pain that makes a 330lb NFL All Pro scream out like that.

Archived