• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Silotolu Starts...

twylyght

4 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Yes.  We all realize that.  Do *you* realize that we started *ZERO* rookies on the O-line?  Not two?  In fact, our only rookie O-lineman was inactive yesterday.

The guy *directly* cost us one point.  No debate.  He may have cost us three more, depending on the blocking responsibilities for CMC's fumble near the goal like.  Yea, Amini was in as the jumbo tackle on that play.

Honestly . . . the decision everyone here is baffled about is not why Amini was in the game.  It's why he's even EMPLOYED.

Such a excellent point I wish it was my dam signature

2 hours ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Stop it. Do any of you not realize Amini DIDNT START THE GAME. He started TWO rookies over Amini. That should tell you everything you need to know. Amini went in bc the new swing tackle isn't up to speed yet. Stop bitching about a good decision that you don't understand.

Problem is.

Amini has never been up to speed and yet he still lingers around here.  He's Ron and Hurneys boy.  

4LeUEcn.gif

Nt6Ofpr.gif

GOOD-D-02_daniels.gif

Silatolu.gif

52 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Yes.  We all realize that.  Do *you* realize that we started *ZERO* rookies on the O-line?  Not two?  In fact, our only rookie O-lineman was inactive yesterday.

The guy *directly* cost us one point.  No debate.  He may have cost us three more, depending on the blocking responsibilities for CMC's fumble near the goal line.  Yea, Amini was in as the jumbo tackle on that play.

Honestly . . . the decision everyone here is baffled about is not why Amini was in the game.  It's why he's even EMPLOYED.

They have never been starters in a Game. So yes I consider them rookies in that respect. No one is saying Amini shouldn't be on a team everyone is saying oh god Ron is going to start Amini. He didn't so STFU about it and argue the point you want to make. The title is "if silatolu starts" ffs not "Silatolu shouldn't be on a team" 

I do not think you understand what the term "rookie" means . . . but by all means, continue your narrative.  It won't make you right, or even in the same ballpark as right but game on.

Amini is in fact awful.  Many people here and elsewhere have openly questioned whether he should be on a team.  In fact, 31 other general managers are of the opinion he didn't even deserve an opportunity to compete for a roster spot.  There should never be a debate about him starting or not starting, because he shouldn't be on a team in the first place.

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I do not think you understand what the term "rookie" means . . . but by all means, continue your narrative.  It won't make you right, or even in the same ballpark as right but game on.

Amini is in fact awful.  Many people here and elsewhere have openly questioned whether he should be on a team.  In fact, 31 other general managers are of the opinion he didn't even deserve an opportunity to compete for a roster spot.  There should never be a debate about him starting or not starting, because he shouldn't be on a team in the first place.

Yeah, they're getting too caught up in the wording from the OP and missing the larger point.....the fact that Amini still has a job.  Which is really what the thread should be titled, ha.  I knew he was below average, but after yesterday....I'm really hoping he doesn't see the field on Sundays anymore.

44 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Stop trying to change the narrative of the thread. I don't disagree Amini shouldn't be on a team but if the argument is oh god Rons going to start Amini bs then you can go ahead and shut it. In fact maybe you should consider arguing with what I said as opposed to spouting non related things to make yourself feel better. 

18 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Counterpoint: Amini is coming off injury, so Rivera went with Van Roten who he determined to be "consistent" and not risk re-injury for Amini early on.

This is how you argue a point. Take notes @BrianS .

And yes Saca that could be the case but we may never know. I will give Ron the benefit of the doubt this year till he proves me wrong. He's literally coaching for his job. I've said before Tepper seems to have zero tolerance for a losing team. 

4 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

You do know that there is a lot more to it then that right?  blocking assignments are hugely important especially for tackles.

I was also thinking that he's making it sound wayyy too easy to be an offensive lineman at the highest level, haha, I mean damn dude!  Why do you think there are so few quality o-linemen these days? (esp. at T)  Which is why they are so sought after and are hugely valuable commodities.

Archived