• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Efe Obada: NFC Defensive Player of the week

CarolinaSunday

5 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

I still don't understand what the replay officials saw on that review that overturned that fumble. His hand clearly hit Dalton's arm before Dalton initiated the throwing motion.

I was streaming the game and my stream went into buffing right after I saw the replay and said it would be overturned.   You are correct that he hit his arm but the ball didn't come free from his hand.   Credit Dalton for holding on and giving a forward motion.

Obada deserves the recognition though JJ Watts had 3 sacks in a loss and Jackson has two picks.

He might not get sacks every game but he is going to get pressures.   His sack was because the TE didn't get across the line quick enough but Obada burst was like a DB flying in there.  Dalton had no chance. 

Forgive me if the tweets have already been posted, but it's pretty amazing to see Efe listed in the company of Drew Brees & Big Ben (who won Offensive players of the week this week).

And then ALSO in the company of Luke & Pep who happen to be the last 2 Panthers defensive players to win a player of the week award last year:

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

So pumped for Obada!

I hope the NFL is recognizing talent and not chasing a fairytail story with this award.

there were a couple of players who had better stat lines than Efe this weekend, but I’m glad he got it!

We are the only fan base in the league with people with this mindset. "Oh, but he might be the next Ryan Delaire". "I'm pumped for him, but let me remind you that he had a worse stat line than a couple of other players". "I hope this isn't an affirmative action fairytale award". I mean come on people. Are we really this cynical? If Obada was doing this for the Cowboys, their fans would be taunting the entire league and would want a statue built in his honor already. 

13 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

I still don't understand what the replay officials saw on that review that overturned that fumble. His hand clearly hit Dalton's arm before Dalton initiated the throwing motion.

I thought he maintained enough control of the ball to warrant the incomplete all. While it changed the path of his hand/arm and ultimately the ball I didn’t see the ball moving in his hand. 

Most impressively, Obada won Defensive Player of the Week after playing a grand total of 19 snaps, the second lowest of any defensive player during the game, except for LB Jermaine Carter who only came into the game for 3 snaps when Kuechly went to the locker room to poop.

3 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

We are the only fan base in the league with people with this mindset. "Oh, but he might be the next Ryan Delaire". "I'm pumped for him, but let me remind you that he had a worse stat line than a couple of other players". "I hope this isn't an affirmative action fairytale award". I mean come on people. Are we really this cynical? If Obada was doing this for the Cowboys, their fans would be taunting the entire league and would want a statue built in his honor already. 

Dude gtfo of here. The NFL is known for publicity stunts. Efe had an awesome weekend and I’m pumped for his potential. So don’t put words in my mouth.

with his international heritage and the public knowledge that the NFL wants to go international, this is an extremely smart business move by the league. 

Im not robbing Efe, but pointing out that I’d prefer this wasn’t a possibility.

You'd have to be ignorant to think the NFL isn’t smarter than you. 

Again, congrats to Efe, pumped for him. Excited he is on our team. NFL are snakes and want more money and I would hate that our players be their cash cow.

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Most impressively, Obada won Defensive Player of the Week after playing a grand total of 19 snaps, the second lowest of any defensive player during the game, except for LB Jermaine Carter who only came into the game for 3 snaps when Kuechly went to the locker room to poop.

He's gonna be good. Dude was being doubled teamed in preseason when he was lighting up tackles and he was still impacting the QB. 

He has a LB's speed, DB's first step, DT's strength with long arms. He is the perfectly built DE for 43 defenses and we are lucky to get him. He maybe green but our staff can mold him!

1 hour ago, CarolinaSunday said:

Man, what a debut.

There was a reason I made the thread about him being active, before the game started. I've believed in this kid since we first got him and saw him in his first preseason action. With Mario and Peppers as mentors, he can't go wrong with his ability and motor. 

Archived