• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid Press Conference

Saca312

3 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

When was that?? Jim Brown was a advocate for social justice in the 60' and so were other players thru out NFL history.. Please stfu and read a book before posting..

Are you fuging retarded? Jim Brown actually had class about it. How about you just stfu and read. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Because not everyone wants to rehash civil rights every moment of their life. I'm all for the guy not working with the NFL or not supporting the NFL at all. I'm ok with him starting a fund to fight injustice, but I don’t like to hear about his opinions on it. I rather hear his opinion on football. 

I don't want the oldest and deadliest terrorist group in America to have marches and open propaganda demonstrations in my state.. But they have the right to and so does everybody elses..

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I almost hope that the whole team led by Tepper himself takes a knee during the anthem this coming week just for the lulz. Panties will be wadded. Heads may explode. Jerseys will be burned.

Yeah that wouldn't be a team distraction. 

Were people actually expecting that he would tuck his tail between his legs and stop advocating for social justice? Yes, he wants to play football while also continuing to use his voice. He should be able to do both.  

6 minutes ago, grateflday said:

First, I am not uncomfortable with what Kap, Reid and others are protesting.... I will and can debate some of the b.s in it and more political nature of the whole thing; but I am also not going to discount what many say is an existing problem.  Second... I am not asking anyone to shut up.  These athletes have a platform they can use in many ways during the off season and outside of the stadium. (of which they all do very little to none of as it relates to the issue they scream to want fixed.  I am still waiting for some details of actionable items they want to see implemented or for them to work directly with law enforcement, again, to implement solutions).  

Bottom line for me is we are inundated with politics, issues, protests 24/7 ... People go to a movie, watch sports (ie after 9-11) for a small time to step away from that.  HENCE why I simply say.. do your protesting and activism outside the three hours on Sunday.  

Generally, I agree. I prefer sports as an escape from all the political stuff were constantly inundated with as well.

But, ultimately it comes down to the owner. I fully support owners of teams restricting a player from protesting on game day. You aren't just acting as an individual while at work, you're acting as a representive of your employer. But, if the owner doesn't have an issue with it then it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, grateflday said:

First, I am not uncomfortable with what Kap, Reid and others are protesting.... I will and can debate some of the b.s in it and more political nature of the whole thing; but I am also not going to discount what many say is an existing problem.  Second... I am not asking anyone to shut up.  These athletes have a platform they can use in many ways during the off season and outside of the stadium. (of which they all do very little to none of as it relates to the issue they scream to want fixed.  I am still waiting for some details of actionable items they want to see implemented or for them to work directly with law enforcement, again, to implement solutions).  

Bottom line for me is we are inundated with politics, issues, protests 24/7 ... People go to a movie, watch sports (ie after 9-11) for a small time to step away from that.  HENCE why I simply say.. do your protesting and activism outside the three hours on Sunday.  

You still control what you're inundated with.. Turn off the TV and read a book if you want to put your head in the sand and act like nothing is wrong..

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

Were people actually expecting that he would tuck his tail between his legs and stop advocating for social justice? Yes, he wants to play football while also continuing to use his voice. He should be able to do both.  

I don't think anyone did but I hoped it would not be a distraction. From what I see I just hope we keep winning. 

Archived