• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Venom

Still Brooklyn

Saw it this afternoon. It's actually not that bad. A solid action flick with some humor mixed in. I liked it better than I did Black Panther and GOTG2. The after credit scene is great! Hardy's accent takes getting used to but it grows on you. He does a perfect job as Eddie Brock. Venom's voiceover is a major problem with the movie, but the character itself is awesome. You really come to love the thing. The CGI is okay. Williams and Ahmed are ok but nothing to write home about. It really is just a "buddy cop film". I give it a B-.

I've heard Hardy killed it. But I heard the movie itself looks like it was pulled out of Joel Schumacher's closet. I'm going to see A Star Is Born instead and waiting for Venom to come out on Netflix.

I like that it had a darker / more gritty feel to it compared to other marvel movies. I wish it was rated R and showed more gore. I think that would’ve fit better with the character. But overall I really enjoyed it. Def makes the character cool again vs that Spider-Man 3 poo

8 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Don't understand why it's got so much hate from critics. It's a solid fun action movie. I enjoyed it. 

It's trendy to hate on anything non-Avengers (especially DC) so Venom never had a chance. It didn't pet the head of the PC culture we live in like Black Panther did and Captain Marvel will so it didn't get any praise. And most nerd critics are far too critical of comic book movies in some attempt to make them on the same level as actual good movies. So yeah ... they pan a fun action movie. Ignore them and enjoy the film is the best advice.

I saw it and thought it was meh. I didn't think it was up to other Marvel movies but Venom and Hardy played well off each other. The rest of the characters are card board cutouts who make questionable decisions the entire movie but it's a comic book movie. You're mostly supposed to check your brain at the door. This one just stood out as a little more disjointed. But it's fun to watch Venom tear poo up. I agree that an R rating would've been better. But it's still fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Moorgan said:

I saw it and thought it was meh. I didn't think it was up to other Marvel movies but Venom and Hardy played well off each other. The rest of the characters are card board cutouts who make questionable decisions the entire movie but it's a comic book movie. You're mostly supposed to check your brain at the door. This one just stood out as a little more disjointed. But it's fun to watch Venom tear poo up. I agree that an R rating would've been better. But it's still fun to watch.

It was a Sony project. Only says marvel to get the peeps in seats

• 2 months later...

Been a Venom fan since my childhood of the late 80's and 90's.  I thought the movie was good but I prefer the original origin story being a long time fan.

One plot hole that irked me though was the Symbiotes  are from a distant planet/ asteroid whatever, but they have Names in the English language from the get go.....strange  Venom, Riot......yadda yadda

Finally got to see this last night, it was interesting for Tom Hardys take on the stuff happening to him but there are quite a few "why didn't he (they) just do this easy thing instead of that crazy stuff they showed?" moments in it that got my eyes rolling. Wife was utterly confused by the motivations and transfers of the aliens, and I wasn't too far behind her. They launch giant spaceships off of a platform right next to San Fransisco? lol

Archived