• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3rd Q. Cam last second decides not to throw a wide open TD.

Saca312

Ouch. Just saw this on twitter. 

Anyhow, it’s clear Cam was off his game last week, but the All-22 is brutal. We had missed opportunities, but man this just stinks to see. Cam even anticipated him.

Yeah sure. You can argue he “felt pressure,” but you can’t defend him with that too much as he only was pressured 3 times total. This should’ve been a TD.

And I’m the biggest Cam defender on here. But this was weird to see him so off and seeing ghosts Sunday. I’m sure he’s definitely on top of it this week.

This 1 of about 4 throws I had to rub my eyes and make sure I was watching Cam playing quarterback. 

He was definitely off.

• He missed a wide open CMC a couple drives after Giants scored. Instead threw INC to T. Smith in double coverage.
  • He threw a back shoulder throw on a go route to Samuel after he destroyed his man off the LOS, over the top and that is a walk-in TD
  • As I mentioned before: 2nd INT had an easy YAC play for Moore, but instead threw an errant pass to IT
  • Threw behind Funch on a 3rd and long when he had his man beat could of easily been a 20 yard gain.

Just wasn't his day. He is our QB and a great QB. Sometimes you just have a bad day. Hopefully we leave that in week 5.

Just now, Definitely Not Trolling said:

Looked like he was worried about a strip sack from behind. 

What I’m thinking but the guy was still comfortably far enough away and Cam’s thrown through much worse.

Just uncharacteristic overall.

Cam looked very pedestrian on Sunday, he missed McCaffrey multiple times out of the backfield on plays that would have led to huge gains.

We got so caught up in the score that we forgot the first 17 points were due to Gano, Moore/Samuel ridiculous plays, and special teams. Outside of a few plays the offense was anemic.

Honestly the way Cam and the offense looked, if Rivera has Cam out there slinging the ball around then we may very well have lost that game due to three and outs, interceptions, etc.

That’s the mark of good QB though, just find a way to get it done.

1) Giants were never up 20-16

2) This is the kind of crap that’s going to happen on occasion when you spend all off season and pre season drilling it into his head to take the check down every single time.

I have no idea why this organization doesn’t just trade Cam for Alex Smith and some draft picks. It’s clear they want no part of a play making QB, just look at the type of WR’s they surround him with. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

1) Giants were never up 20-16

2) This is the kind of crap that’s going to happen on occasion when you spend all off season and pre season drilling it into his head to take the check down every single time.

I have no idea why this organization doesn’t just trade Cam for Alex Smith and some draft picks. It’s clear they want no part of a play making QB, just look at the type of WR’s they surround him with. 

Derpaddy derp derp

5 minutes ago, Definitely Not Trolling said:

Yes, he played like crap in the passing game. But at least he dominated the run game to even it out

To be fair he was probably average passing wise. Issue is he’s normally elite imo so far this season so this is a low for him.

Archived