• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torrey Smith looks great out there

Saca312

All honesty, with my huge lashing of him over the off-season, he’s looked great on the field.

No, he’s not a deep threat anymore. Let’s stop pretending he’ll create such on his own now because it hasn’t worked.

However, he’s been fine everywhere else and doing his role. Had a slow start, but has come to his own.

Plus, key reason we were able to nail it in on that last drive. He can be real clutch.

Once we stop pretending Torrey’s a deep threat and put Curtis as that sole option, then this offense will start clicking fine.

Last two games, 4th quarters, Torry Smith has rocked, making the catches we need to keep us in the game.  We can argue whether or not someone else could have filled that role, but its a waste of time.  He's not going anywhere.  I hope he keeps playing at a high level.

Our entire receiving group has stepped up.  Funchess had some bad whiffs today but came around in the end.  Moore, Wright, Samuel were all effective.  Smith stepped up more than them all against his last team.  Good for the offense.  

1 minute ago, davos said:

Our entire receiving group has stepped up.  Funchess had some bad whiffs today but came around in the end.  Moore, Wright, Samuel were all effective.  Smith stepped up more than them all against his last team.  Good for the offense.  

Funchess' drops could've easily cost us this game. Not sure what he'll officially be credited with, but you could argue that he dropped four passes today. That's just not acceptable.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Funchess' drops could've easily cost us this game. Not sure what he'll officially be credited with, but you could argue that he dropped four passes today. That's just not acceptable.

Funchess is so infuriating because he has the ability to make big plays but then he drops the easy throws. And it's usually a bunch of drops in a short amount of time 

Smith has played well all season IMO, he was a scapegoat earlier, and I still don’t know if he’s not a deep threat or is it more of protection not holding up long enough. The magnifying glass should be on Funchess, up and down performance week in and out, and we in a very long time, have a log jam at WR,tough decision determining who should get reduced snaps and who should get more. Moore, Wright, and Samuel all are deserving of more snaps 

I was pretty impressed with him too today. Need to see that every game but I agree with the notion he might not being used correctly.

Funchess is so frustrating, his good plays are fantastic but he’s got some infuriating drops too. 

Well he was 16.2 yards per receptions,.. that goes against what a lot of haters said.

i do say he’s had to morph his game, he’s not a downfield threat anymore, don’t know why— he’s an intermediate guy now— seems pretty sure handed and quick in that roll,..

he has the intermediate gear and hands, just doesn’t seem to have the deep gear anymore—

but hey, morph into a monster of an intermediate, and we should all be happy.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I counted five :/ Agreed

Archived