• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to an Eagles Analyst, the Eagles defense didn’t play “prevent” or go soft in the 4Q

Saca312

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

We didn’t watch the same game then. Cam was highly efficient and nearly made a comeback like he did against the Eagles.

Anyways, those last three throws:

-Cam had pressure all over him by the time he threw to CMC. It happens. Hard to criticize especially given the fact he had literally no time.

-Next, pre-snap read was to Funchess off the slot-fade. Wrote up on that concept on a Curtis Samuel post prior. Cam liked the match-up from the slot and the read called to give Funchess a chance. Devin didn’t beat his man and didn’t arrive to where he was supposed to be. Cam can’t do much about it. 

If you’re arguing Cam should’ve thrown elsewhere, then blame the playcall.

-To Wright, he got held bad. Cam threw to the right spot if Wright wasn’t held. Due to that hold, Wright couldn’t arrive at the expected spot.

Really hard to criticize Cam at all.

Last week wasn't Cam's fault as many quarterbacks struggle with pressure at the end of the game. But yeah he badly overthrew guys who were open and in at least one case missed a wide open Olsen at the sticks opting for the home run. But no he wasn't good last week but was awesome this week. I am not going to go back and forth negatively after yesterday. But no he hasn't been good in the 2 minutes offense most games. But hopefully this gives him confidence to change that. I sure hope so.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

wide open Olsen at the sticks opting for the home run

That was the 3rd down pre-snap read I told you about. Cam read Funchess and liked the match-up pre-snap. The slot-fade takes advantage of pre-snap matchups and Devin looked to be favorable.

QBs can’t just suddenly change given how little time they have to make these decisions. It’s also as crazy as assuming QBs can make full-field reads and why one read/ half field reads are usually the most common by far.

Olsen was not part of the read or progression. It was determined all prior to the snap.

Blame should really be on Funchess for not winning the 1v1.

12 hours ago, Saca312 said:

As if there was any more need to validate just how much more effective Cam is dictating the offense. According to a well respected Eagles analyst, he says the defense was not the cause of their meltdown.

So, if that’s the case, in theory this style of offense would work four total quarters.

Hopefully Cam’s recent comments on the no huddle during the presser and two weeks in a row of improved offensive efficiency will help change Rivera’s mind a little bit.

They sure went limp though

49 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

That was the 3rd down pre-snap read I told you about. Cam read Funchess and liked the match-up pre-snap. The slot-fade takes advantage of pre-snap matchups and Devin looked to be favorable.

QBs can’t just suddenly change given how little time they have to make these decisions. It’s also as crazy as assuming QBs can make full-field reads and why one read/ half field reads are usually the most common by far.

Olsen was not part of the read or progression. It was determined all prior to the snap.

Blame should really be on Funchess for not winning the 1v1.w

You do that presnap reads don't determine where you throw the ball, they determine who you look at first before you go through the rest of your progressions. And didn't review the play to watchnit again but Olsen was open before Cam overthrew the receiver. And no a presnap read doesn't determine where you throw it. And Funchess could have caught a well thrown ball instead of one way over his head. Again it isn't Cam's fault but he had a play to make and he didn't even see it...

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Look at where the safeties are on that play with 1:20 left in the game.  The guy *behind* Reid in this pic is Adams.

Reid_beat.0.jpg

I'm not so sure that was Bradberry in a bad way there.  That could very well be Bradberry saving everybody else's ass.

There's no way to know whose "fault" it was without knowing the coverage called.  But, as I pointed out above, there was 1:20 left in the game.  WHY ISN'T AT LEAST ONE OF THE SAFETIES DEEP? And, if one was, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE BITING ON?

I meant that Bradberry really had not choice. He was in a bad way because he had two choices. Commit the PI, or pretty much allow the TD. Although I still claim I don't think it was going to be caught. Jeffery just never quite looked like he had it.

I maybe could be clearer, but the idea is valid.

We all know the biggest question is HOW Jeffery got behind everyone in the first place. He ain't that fast.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah i'll have to go back and look.  I thought it was possible it was a blitz, as we were sending more pressure in the 4th, but tbh, I didn't look at the alignment on that play pre-snap.

I don't know for sure, but I'd like to know b/c my guess is Bradberry didn't make a mistake and he's kind of getting blamed for it.  

Archived