• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fire Rivera fanboys must be on vacation

Well maybe Ron learned something, or maybe he deferred more of the offensive game management to Norv, or maybe he ripped into Eric Washington all week to get the defense cleaned up.  Whatever happened it worked yesterday, and that’s great because it led to a convincing win.  But to act like our HC is flawless, you can’t be that naive.  And that sequence at the end of the half wasn’t planned trickery.  It was called players improvising and making something out of nothing.  The plan was for a hail mary that Cam didn’t want to throw hence the QB switch and confusion which caused the delay of game.

I mean we've all been watching the Panthers long enough to know that you can't really say "Fire Rivera" until the end of the season. Only way I'd do it is if the Panthers finished 5-11. I mean the dude made some moves to be a contender in the offseason by getting Norv Turner and FINALLY showed a sack on Sunday by going for it and being aggressive. Some timely blitzes and that wacky Heineke 4th down play were awesome.

No one with a functioning brain wanted our head coach fired sitting at 3-2.

The issue was the lack of aggressiveness in key situations that Ron had supposedly evolved from years ago. Do you think he heard the criticisms? It sure seems someone did.

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Well maybe Ron learned something, or maybe he deferred more of the offensive game management to Norv, or maybe he ripped into Eric Washington all week to get the defense cleaned up.  Whatever happened it worked yesterday, and that’s great because it led to a convincing win.  But to act like our HC is flawless, you can’t be that naive.  And that sequence at the end of the half wasn’t planned trickery.  It was called players improvising and making something out of nothing.  The plan was for a hail mary that Cam didn’t want to throw hence the QB switch and confusion which caused the delay of game.

Yep, considering the explanations post-game, Ron fell into a pig sty at the end of the first half and came out spotlessly clean and smelling like a rose somehow, lol.  I'm sure the Rivera Fan Club will attribute all of that to his genius though.

And that utterly confused defense with players wandering and not knowing where they should be coming out of a called time out in the 1st half (on the Raven's offense 4th down attempt) I'm sure was somehow genius too.

As well as the utterly confused offense with players wandering and not knowing where they should be coming out of a called time out in the 1st half.

All according to plan, I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I mean this is a literal result of Torrey Smith getting injured, Cam Newton doing what he does, and finally getting the right personnel on the field while Norv got to control the offense.

Rivera's hardly the reason.

So what does Rivera get credit for? Ever? 

I have frustrations with the guy, like anyone else, but ignoring what is a very good overall product is getting stale. You can’t just cherry-pick the bad to blame on him. 

DJ Moore has better numbers than Juju Smith-Schuster did through 7 games? Then AB got hurt. Were the Steelers wrong? You don’t throw every rookie in the deep end. Especially not one that fumbled twice and cost us a game. He’s about to blast off. 

As far as I’m concerned we did our job. The man doesn’t coach in a vacuum. He gets enough criticism for some of his gameplanning and he.... changes the gameplanning. My issue is some of the things complained about weren’t detailed logistics with all sorts of other things in play. Simple things. Some happened as a result of injury and some a result of game planning.

But most shouldn’t have to be addressed at this point, because they should’ve already happened. Kudos to him getting there, but we’ll have to see if he stays there.

45 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Or maybe when he actually coaches worth a poo, we can actually appreciate and respect him for it.

He needs to do it every week.

The best part is Torrey Smith getting hurt and proving all of us correct actually slaps the OP in the face. Our offense looked good because the fans who 'don't know more than the coach' were correct and DJ Moore getting the start over Smith improves our team....

Also after the game you see that it wasn't Rivera that called that play to Olsen it was Olsen screaming and our new young QB freaking out and just instinctively trusting him that got us in FG range. Ron was going for the Hail Mary.

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So what does Rivera get credit for? Ever? 

Coaching when his job was on the line and actually being aggressive before he got job security again. 

So we see a distinct line drawn of what he is capable of and what he is normally. The line was drawn so well even goofs on here should be able to see it.

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Coaching when his job was on the line and actually being aggressive before he got job security again. 

So we see a distinct line drawn of what he is capable of and what he is normally. The line was drawn so well even goofs on here should be able to see it.

Tell us what that “distinct” line is oh wise one. I just keep seeing wins. Or is there something else we are trying to accomplish here? 

Archived