• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To those claiming the NFL is rigged...

There is no law that guarantees the outcomes of NFL or any sport games need to be “fair”. The leagues make up their own rules, and the only purpose of these leagues is entertainment. Just like WWE. There is no difference.

So yes, duh, the NFL is “rigged”. There’s no evidence to prove otherwise.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, TheMostInterestingMan said:

This isn’t particupation trophy football, we got our asses kicked. Take it on the fugging chin and move on. Accept that we flat out got beat down. Yes, the refs sucked tonight. But we still sucked much harder.

I didn’t hear a lot of “NFL is rigged to make them the most money” nonsense when we went 15-1 during the regular season. 

The only thing worse than our defense tonight is how many sore losers are infiltrating this forum. Frankly, I’m embarrassed by our fan base right now more than by our O-line. Grow a pair or join the Falcons forum. 

I don't think you're the most interesting man anymore.  But I don't disagree with you.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, TheMostInterestingMan said:

This isn’t particupation trophy football, we got our asses kicked. Take it on the fugging chin and move on. Accept that we flat out got beat down. Yes, the refs sucked tonight. But we still sucked much harder.

I didn’t hear a lot of “NFL is rigged to make them the most money” nonsense when we went 15-1 during the regular season. 

The only thing worse than our defense tonight is how many sore losers are infiltrating this forum. Frankly, I’m embarrassed by our fan base right now more than by our O-line. Grow a pair or join the Falcons forum. 

oh shite, we got a 'real fan' here people.  real fan detected.  you're fandom cannot compare with this guy.   this guy gets real fandom.   we should all bow.  grow a pair of what?   balls, the sensitive injury prone, god please don't hit me there balls?  the literal snowflake of the male being?  those?   i'm gonna guess you got the irish curse.  giant balls, tiny pecker.

The games aren't outright rigged but I do believe they are nudged and I do believe human element of officiating does compromise the sport at times.

Just look at the Chargers game. Refs didn't call roughing the passer and they next play call a weak DPI on the Chiefs. It was clearly a make up call and a make up call is rigging.  SB 50 was a clearly biased game, as was the 49ers playoff game in 2014, so were most of the games against Dallas in the Delhomme era.

Probably not Tim Donaghy level of fix, but the NFL is driven by narratives and you’d have to be pretty ignorant to not believe certain narratives take importance and can in-fact change/impact the outcome of games.

Saints beating a STACKED Minnesota team all the while bountygate was blatant for we the fans to view. 

Panthers vs San Fran in ‘13 all the while Goodell is in attendance watching that travesty of the sport. (NFL was dying for the 49’ers and Seattle before the Super Bowl) 

So yeah, while I believe in the any given Sunday mantra (see the miracle in Minnesota last year) I’m not buying that the NFL doesn’t have its own personal interests/stakes in certain teams, games and players.

anybody else watch the first half of dallas getting the doors beat off this weekend?   it woulda been 24-0 at the half if not for the refs.  it was blatant cheating.  i mean blatant.  they really tried to give dallas that game but had to finally give up.

Archived