• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I always wondered ..........

juliosantos

Nobody knew what CMC was capable of in training camp, thus the signing of CJ. It was all new to Norv too. But it has evolved over the season into a different scheme from TC. Norv has said that he goes with the 'hot hand' and that, it turns out, is CMC. Hurney gave Norv all the toys he could ask for and a few have been kept in a drawer. CMC has not shown any signs of a sophomore slump as so often happens with skilled players which made it harder to get CJ on the field. Call it the convergence of the stars, it's no one's fault. It happens. No one, including CJ, is bitter about it.

I just hope Travis Cadet brought the Saints playbook with him.

8 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

You do know Eckler, Ingram and Ware all get plenty of touches. Way more than CJ

Have seen Mccaffrey trying to pass block this season? What about his short yardage running? 

Theirs always some homer fan trying to validate a stupid move

Pass blocking is terrible but he is a big weapon in the pass game so that makes up for pass blocking and his short yardage has been good

16 hours ago, juliosantos said:

I've always wondered.

-Do you ever hear Rams fans say "We need to give Malcolm Brown more carries?"

-Do you ever hear Chargers fans say "Get Austin Ekler more touches?

-Do Steelers fans say "Jaylen Samuels is underutilized"

-Do Giants fans say "We're going to run Barkley into the ground. He needs to split touches with Wayne Gallman"

-Do Cowboys fans say "Our offense is too dependent on Zeke. He's going to wear out"

-Do Saints fans say..."Why is Kamara getting so many touches? We have to run the offense through Ingram"

-Do Chiefs fans say...."Spencer Wear is underutilized. He needs to share the load with Kareem Hunt"

So why do we think like that with our starting RB? His yardage totals are up there with the best in the league, he's having a breakout season, Norv has found out how to maximize his talents. He's being used efficiently and a good chunk of his touches are in the open field where he's not taking punishment.

What more does he have to do for his own fan base to respect him as the every down, starting RB?

Every back you just compared CMC to is on another higher level than CMC. Please stop and slap yourself. Most of those running backs out performed CMC stat for stat their first year. Slap yourself. 

The argument that he is going to get hurt is so weak.  You don't put one of your best players on the bench just because you are worried he is going to get hurt.  Makes no damn sense.  

If he isn't fatigued and wearing down.  Let him play.  Teams probably sigh just a bit when he's on the bench.  One less weapon to worry about.  Keep him on the field and make teams focus on more than one player.

1 hour ago, GoPanthers123 said:

If there is a way that gets us the wins, do it.  I think Moore is just as explosive as CMC so if we want to split touches between those two that could be an alternative.

I don't think it is so much of how explosive but when we use them.  Any time all three are on the field it causes some serious issues for the defense. Samuel, Moore and CMC are potentially a touchdown waiting to happen anytime they touch the ball. 

This opens the door for Olsen and gives Cam some running lanes.  

While Wright and Funchess are clutch receivers they don't bring fear to a defense like these three do.

Archived