• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Work Out CB Dexter McDougle

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, Car123 said:

I wish Cockrell never went down. 

And Seymour sucking...Personally I don't think Seymour had a major injury, I think his sucking in preseason caused him to go in Rivera's dog house, and Rivera is really rough with players in the doghouse (Thinking of Ian Thomas right now and Josh Norman back in the day)

10 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

In their defense, I said those exact same words about Corn elder...until I actually saw him in a game this past weekend.  If Doss is somehow worse than elder...good lord.  That said, Rivera and Co have routinely been bad at evaluating talent and only put the best players on the field when their hand is forced.  For instance, as bad as remmers was, he was serviceable at RT and it took like 4 injuries and a French Canadian sucking before they gave him a shot.

And then future 2nd team All-Pro RT Daryl Williams watched from the sidelines while Von Miller beat Remmers like a rented mule in SB50.

10 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

OTB thought:  Could Gauldin not fill in at CB for us since he's getting almost no burn at SAF? Dude is a converted CB that flexed at all postions in the secondary and, IIRC, was a solid slot corner.

Gaulden might be slower than any LB currently on the roster. 76 year old Mike Adams is probably a better athlete.

Seems like we are doomed to eternally keep searching for defensive backs since 2015 season ended.

Just speaks to the talent evaluation skills of the current staff of the Panthers regarding DBs is worse than sub-par. And now its rearing its ugly head even more now that our pass rush has evaporated this year.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And then future 2nd team All-Pro RT Daryl Williams watched from the sidelines while Von Miller beat Remmers like a rented mule in SB50.

I agree, but to be fair, I don't think 2015 Daryl Williams would fair well either against Von Miller because at RT they were both built to better handle bull rushers.  The better move IMO was bringing in an extra tight end and giving Remmers the help he desperately needed or just have tolbert/stew focus on chipping Miller as Oher could atleast hold his own on Ware.  I remember Remmers holding JJ watt pretty well in 2015 too, he could slow down just bull rushers, but any hint of speed killed him (Von miller and Vic Beasley obliterated him).

50 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

I guess Hurney and Ron finally think having an extra CB might be useful.

The eagles have 5 CB's on IR and still cut this guy 3 weeks ago lol

heck, ain't no point bringing him in IMO if that is the case.  If you even had a hint of ability the Eagles would sign you to a deal right now. 

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Really, really poorly. Seeing how every OL who has left the Panthers during his tenure (including Norwell, the highest paid OG in the NFL), I think Matsko is really, really good at his job.

And to think, EVEN Matsko couldn't fix Matt Kalil.  BTW, why isn't that waste of cap room on the field atleast providing depth?

Archived