• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could we lose 8 in a row?

panther4life

Started pondering the biggest single season collapses in NFL history.  So I did couple quick google searches and this is what I came up with.

If we indeed lose out I believe this will be the single biggest collapse in NFL history.

Here is a look at some other momumental disasters for teams who started off with a winning record midway to the season only to collapse

2007 Lions:

Started 6-2 and finished 7-9. To make matters worse they went 0-16 the following season after holding onto coach Rod Marinelli for another year.

1994 Eagles:

Started 7-2 and finished 7-9. 

That’s the 2 closest I can find. So if we do indeed lose out this will be the biggest single season collapse in history of 16 game seasons that I can find.

To make matters worse the trend of Rivera losing games decided by 1 score or less continues. Over the last 4 games the average margin of defeat has been by 4 points and all 1 score or less losses.  Bringing the total on the season to 6 of 7 losses decided by 7 or less.

With Hurney as GM and Rivera as Head Coach Rivera has lost  31 games.  25 of them have been by 1 score or less. 26 of 32 if you include the playoff loss last year. 

In 4 seasons together the tandem has not won 1 playoff game. 

Rivera has made it to the post season 4 times out of 7, soon to be 8 seasons. One of those was by default when we snuck in at 7-8-1 in the 2014. Of those 4 appearances we were beat in the first playoff game twice and only advanced in the 2014 season because we got to play against the cardinals 3rd string QB Ryan Lindley.

So 8 years of Rivera and we got 3 winning seasons out of him.

I've said it since the Lions game and thought it was possible since the embarrasing shitstain game. If we were a playoff caliber team, we would have rebounded and literally did the worst thing you could do. I don't think we'd beat the Cardinals right now.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

I've said it since the Lions game and thought it was possible since the embarrasing shitstain game. If we were a playoff caliber team, we would have rebounded and literally did the worst thing you could do. I don't think we'd beat the Cardinals right now.

the Raiders would wipe the floor with us, much like the Falcons and Saints are about to do.

Could cats and dogs live together in harmony?

could narcissistic aliens with orange tans be installed into our key government positions with secret missions?

could McDonalds by Burger King so that they make a Whopper Big Mac?

Should Pluto honestly be called an asteroid not after all of my childhood books and rhymes called it one of our 9 planets?

should we have a Martian football team when Elon Musk sets up a colony there?

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think we stand a chance against the Saints.

I could see us maybe beating the Falcons, but I could see us losing too.

So yeah, it's possible.

We going 6-10,.. when someone said a month ago they didn’t see how we could win another game,...

actually... was it that witch again? The one that called the Steelers blowout? 

We never did burn the guy after staking though the heart,.. and we benched Torrey, cut CJ, signed Eric Reid,...

actually have we won since signing Eric Reid? Since Torrey has been out along with cutting CJ and benching Ian Thomas?

there are metrics of winning percentage playing certain players versus others. In baseball they use it a lot. A guy can have great individual stats or not but the team loses with them playing or the opposite— and sometimes it has no correlation with their individual stats.

anyway, we didn’t burn the witch, we benched Torrey and signed Eric Reid,..

so we suck,... that’s all happened since we started sucking so can’t argue against it.

Archived