• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious question. Can we trade Ron Rivera?

Hotsauce

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they traded for him they'd inherit his contract. Who would want to pay a coordinator head coach money? Especially if they've actually watched his defense play this season. 

I don’t think it works that way but maybe it does. Thought it would just be trading for his rights and then negotiate new contract 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, usmcpanthers said:

Chucky is the only coach I know that got traded.

When I saw your post I decided to look it up and see if it happened any other time in recent history. It actually has. I only pasted a small portion of the article.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/19569/a-trade-that-shook-the-nfl-how-bucs-jon-gruden-gamble-paid-off-with-a-super-bowl

The trade was for four draft picks -- first- and second-round picks in 2002, a first-rounder in 2003 and a second-rounder in 2004 -- and $8 million. Gruden would make almost $4 million per season for five years, more than tripling his salary. Trading for coaches wasn’t that uncommon at the time. Patriots owner Robert Kraft gave the New York Jets a first-round draft pick in 2000 to land Bill Belichick. In 1997, Jets owner Leon Hess gave a first-, second-, third- and fourth-round draft pick and a $300,000 charitable donation to the Patriots to land Parcells in a deal brokered by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue.

----

I wonder if we could get a 1 and a 2 for Ron Rivera if we spread them out over different seasons? :thinking:

Archived