• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Words from my source

juliosantos

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, juliosantos said:

Idk if y'all remember but my source told me that we weren't drafting Calvin ridley and that hurney had ridley 3rd on his list with Kirk and Moore at the top . People hated on my post . I talked to my source and it's 100% chance rivera is gone and rivera already got fired and is playing out the rest of the season to boost his chances of becoming another head coach . Rivera was fired after the Tampa bay game . Since then rivera took over the play calling to boost himself so he can get a job as a head coach or D.C. At worst . Rivera is now calling 100% of the calls on defense . 

Head coach my sources talked about , he gave a bunch of names saying tepper wants one of the top head coaches in college football and he is Willing to pay a premium and when I say premium tepper is willing to break the bank .

some of the names in no order :

Mark dantonio , Jim harbaugh ,Kyle Whittingham ,Kirby smart , Lincoln Riley 

Juliosantos, in the midst of all the speculation, does your source still standby his belief that Rivera is gone? Can't take the suspense any longer!

21 minutes ago, The_Apostle610 said:

Juliosantos, in the midst of all the speculation, does your source still standby his belief that Rivera is gone? Can't take the suspense any longer!

I would say it's not happening. I think if he was going to get fired it would have already happened. I think we are stuck with him for at least another year unless we have another JR for an owner. If he had all these brass balls like everyone says he would have already done it!

Firing him now is stupid.  Ideally, you have a coach who has some name recognition and has won the Coach of the year 2 of 8 years--you do not cut a coach until you know who is available as an  option.  I expect black monday to present some options to us-

Here is a scenario--what if another team sees the overall record, the coach of the year awards, and they trade a fourth rounder for him?  It has been done before.  Not likely, but waiting gives you options; cutting him eliminates options.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:22 AM, juliosantos said:

Idk if y'all remember but my source told me that we weren't drafting Calvin ridley and that hurney had ridley 3rd on his list with Kirk and Moore at the top . People hated on my post . I talked to my source and it's 100% chance rivera is gone and rivera already got fired and is playing out the rest of the season to boost his chances of becoming another head coach . Rivera was fired after the Tampa bay game . Since then rivera took over the play calling to boost himself so he can get a job as a head coach or D.C. At worst . Rivera is now calling 100% of the calls on defense . 

Head coach my sources talked about , he gave a bunch of names saying tepper wants one of the top head coaches in college football and he is Willing to pay a premium and when I say premium tepper is willing to break the bank .

some of the names in no order :

Mark dantonio , Jim harbaugh ,Kyle Whittingham ,Kirby smart , Lincoln Riley 

I will reference this post next week if Rivera is still here so I'll know whether to waste my time on MuH sOuRcEs post ever again

3 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

3 out of 8 winning seasons. If he stays then Tepper lied about wanting to win. Winning organizations win consistently. Either way it is what it is. 

Rivera under Hurney is 24-29 (about to be 24-30)

Rivera without Hurney: 46-27

Replace Jerrys yes man who is loyal to the vets, and not good at bringing the key smaller puzzle piece FA needed to complete the puzzle.  Bring in a new GM with a overhauled scout dept.  If Rivera flops Next year, then you fire him.

17 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Rivera under Hurney is 24-29 (about to be 24-30)

Rivera without Hurney: 46-27

Replace Jerrys yes man who is loyal to the vets, and not good at bringing the key smaller puzzle piece FA needed to complete the puzzle.  Bring in a new GM with a overhauled scout dept.  If Rivera flops Next year, then you fire him.

Hurney is 50% of the problem with the front office IMHO. Rivera was given a team that was 11-5 the year before. He led them on a 7 game losing streak after going 6-2. Rivera is 50% of the problem as well. We will be back to inconsistency and losing soon enough until we put our foot down. Winning organizations do not settle for 3 out of 8.

Archived