• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer believes the Panthers will make no changes

Mr. Scot

Panthers GM Marty Hurney has built a good rapport with new owner David Tepper, I’m told, and so he and coach Ron Rivera are very likely to get at least another year. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that someone could be added to football ops. Tepper’s shown a keen awareness in the area of football analytics, so maybe that’s where a hire is made.

MMQB for December 24

So, possible we go into next season, and a major retooling of the team, with Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney running the show.

Oy :eyeroll:

Hurney had a "good rapport" with Richardson too. Unfortunately, he stinks at building winning rosters. That didn't matter to Richardson, of course. The hope was that it mattered to Tepper, but here we are.

Likewise, Rivera's coaching deficiencies will probably go unchecked. Tepper apparently believes analytics will make Ron a better coach.  We'll see, but I'm not buying that as a "cure all".

Regardless, another year of Ron and Marty looks to be on the horizon.

So...who's excited for next season? :poison:

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

And, uh, Albert breer is to be believed...why?

Breer is the guy who took over the MMQB from Peter King. He was the source for a lot of the the inside info that came out regarding the team sale.

Granted, this could be his own speculation (hence the title "Greer believes") but he's got a pretty good track record of being right.

In this case though, I hope he's very wrong.

If this really happens, then I would lose all hope for the future. Tepper would be JR 2.0, we would waste yet another year with Rivera and Hurney, and Cam and Luke will have another prime year down the drain. I would legit not even tune in next year if Rivera and Hurney are still here.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Breer is the guy who took over the MMQB from Peter King. He was the source for a lot of the the inside info that came out regarding the team sale.

Granted, this could be his own speculation (hence the title "Greer believes") but he's got a pretty good track record of being right.

In this case though, I hope he's very wrong.

Hope so too. Retaining those two knuckleheads would make me lose 100% confidence in Tepper.  Back to just hoping we luck into a good enough players at the right time for a SB instead of believing we can build a strong enough team for sustained success. 

Archived