• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bandersnatch (Black Mirror Movie)

PurityControl

On 12/28/2018 at 8:57 PM, KSpan said:

There have been a couple of kids shows on Netflix that employed this approach (Kong, Minecraft: Story Mode) and it's sort of interesting. After experiencing those with my kids it feels like a novelty more than anything.

I too did a couple with the kids.  It was fun for the kids to have control on what happens.  I was disappointed Black Mirror went this direction though.  I feel the interactive entertainment is best left for story mode on video games.  The constant go back and change your choice put me off.  I'd rather Black Mirror just tell a story start to finish without me influencing the outcome.  Still enjoyed it but rather not have had to be part of the show.

I loved it like I love anything Black Mirror does.

I got the ending where the game is so/so and he goes to jail.

Basically, the underlying/uneasy story is really that Netflix is controlling you, rather than you controlling the kid on Netflix.

Not that they (Netflix or Black Mirror) are that nefarious, but they could (and probably do to an extent) easily log and track everyone's choices on this movie for analytical/other purposes.

I'm wanting season 5 of the series now.

On 12/31/2018 at 12:06 PM, Bronn said:

Not that they (Netflix or Black Mirror) are that nefarious, but they could (and probably do to an extent) easily log and track everyone's choices on this movie for analytical/other purposes.

I'm wanting season 5 of the series now.

The whole time I was watching I was wondering when the results of people's first choices would leak out and show that we're all deranged psychos wanting to murder people with ashtrays. I also caught myself trying to make the "good" choices and thinking what everything might say about me before I clicked.  

But also now pissed, because Season 5 has been delayed supposedly because of how long Bandersnatch took to make. 

*Spoilers*

After redoing many of the choices, I ended up going back in time and went with the mother to the train as child, then the character just died while talking to the shrink.  It didnt give me options to retry after that.  And I never did manage a 5 star game.

* End Spoilers *

On 1/2/2019 at 4:26 PM, Cdw said:

*Spoilers*

After redoing many of the choices, I ended up going back in time and went with the mother to the train as child, then the character just died while talking to the shrink.  It didnt give me options to retry after that.  And I never did manage a 5 star game.

* End Spoilers *

Same 

Archived