• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick question about the defense..

CPF4LIFE

9 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Go back and check out how many games in 2015 we had a big lead and let the other team back in it only to have someone make a great play to bail us out in the end. 

I agree, when i compare 2013 and 2015 i dont think 2015 was better than 2013.  

That 2013 had some teams shitting themselves.

4 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

ron is a defensive coach who can't put together good defenses. the reason he obsesses over TOP is because his defense can't get whipped if it isn't on the field. a running clock depresses yards allowed and points allowed. he is a fraud lol

it is a passing league, and we play in the best and  most passing centric division in all the NFL.... and Ron has been given a weak group of DBs every season. 

You can't scheme your away around lack of talent in the NFL.  You might can do it for a game here or there. 

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

it is a passing league, and we play in the best and  most passing centric division in all the NFL.... and Ron has been given a weak group of DBs every season

You can't scheme your away around lack of talent in the NFL.  You might can do it for a game here or there. 

But hasnt he said himself that the defense doesn't rely great safety play but yet that has continued to bite us in the ass year after year? 

15 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Go back and check out how many games in 2015 we had a big lead and let the other team back in it only to have someone make a great play to bail us out in the end. 

This. It's not a coincidence that we're poor overall in close games under Rivera and it's not a coincidence that in our one great season and Rivera we were virtually flawless in close games. Rivera's philosophies provide very little margin for error. We won't bury an opponent, we take our foot off the gas and hope we can hang on.

3 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

there i fixed it for you

his history says otherwise.  

Talent matters in the NFL.  You got significant roster issues at a position? You can't hide it for long.  Doesn't matter how good of a coach you got. 

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

But hasnt he said himself that the defense doesn't rely great safety play but yet that has continued to bite us in the ass year after year? 

Ron ain't the GM.  Ron gonna say what he gotta say.  Ron knows how important DBs are in today's NFL.   Gotta have a well rounded D.  

You're acting like Ron has no input on the roster. You really think we've relegated safety to mid-late round picks and afterthought free agents while Ron is begging for safeties? Please. Ron builds his defenses around the front seven. He doesn't want to spend money and resources on the safety positions either. If he was begging for better safeties then we'd actually be spending valuable resources to get them.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're acting like Ron has no input on the roster. You really think we've relegated safety to mid-late round picks and afterthought free agents while Ron is begging for safeties? Please. Ron builds his defenses around the front seven. He doesn't want to spend money and resources on the safety positions either. If he was begging for better safeties then we'd actually be spending valuable resources to get them.

You think Ron begged Dave Gettlemen to spend first rounders on backups? on TE sized WRs?   That was Dave's roster he was building not Ron's.  We are now in the period where Dave's poor first round drafting/building is going to show.  

Archived