• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Year’s Draft

ForJimmy

17 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Butler certainly was a colossal mistake...nothing but a great big fat bust

Gotta agree with This. Butler looks like one of the worst panther draft picks ever. I had a bad feeling about the pick when it happened but his pick was a mistake. I’d be surprised if he is on the team in two years. 

28 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Scot lacks a football brain. He, oops I mean his "football genius friend," believed DJ Moore was a terrible selection and would be a bust. This was said 4 games into the season.

Shouldn't even waste your time on Scot.

Keep trying, kid.

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

A hit dog will holla

in my Shannon Sharpe voice, skip will you tell the people at home what years you compiled 20-28 record from? *sniffs*

Same poster in every thread that mentions hurney bringing dg into every single discussion, we get it you don’t like hurney, but your god dg is gm for another team, so his genu force defense team can jump ship to the ny giants instead of turning any meniscal praise of hurney into a teken 7 dg vs hurney debate that no one is interested in  

I didn’t know facts were this scary for you? Coming from one of many butt-hurt fanboys, who are mad someone cut their favorite player. I can easily criticize both. You search far and wide for excuses for Hurney. Because facts don’t help him and never will. 

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I didn’t know facts were this scary for you? Coming from one of many butt-hurt fanboys, who are mad someone cut their favorite player. I can easily criticize both. You search far and wide for excuses for Hurney. Because facts don’t help him and never will. 

That's rich coming from someone butt-hurt that his favorite GM was fired. The FACT that Tepper has decided to keep Hurney helps him a lot. Now go weep and wail into your spilled milk!

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Can you answer the original  question skip for the people at home, what excuses ? Lol cut my favorite player ? Didn’t know cam got cut. You go into every single hurney thread bringing up dg’s tenure and success, but is pissed anytime anyone brings up the bad in dg tenure or his complete failures that most likely led to him being fired. The thread isn’t about dg and that’s the problem dg’s genu force defense squad can’t understand 

20 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Can you answer the original  question skip for the people at home, what excuses ? Lol cut my favorite player ? Didn’t know cam got cut. You go into every single hurney thread bringing up dg’s tenure and success, but is pissed anytime anyone brings up the bad in dg tenure or his complete failures that most likely led to him being fired. The thread isn’t about dg and that’s the problem dg’s genu force defense squad can’t understand 

Show me where I brought up anything about DG until someone else introduced it. I tried to keep it completely about Hurney 2.0. And people still wouldn’t discuss it. 

In 45 years of watching Steelers(and Panthers) games, I can easily say O be never considered having a favorite GM. And you go into every Hurney thread and bring up DG. I try to discuss Hurney but there’s an excuse for every mistake or just call it “hindsight” and act like everything is cool having the worst GM in the NFL. I would be fine never mentioning DGs name ever again. But when posters use him as an excuse for anything Hurney does wrong, or the FACT that he was hired to take DGs place and he’s still here. What on his resume, makes him qualified to be our GM. Or any teams GM? I want to talk about the 25% playoffs GM we have now. Let’s try that. One rule. No mention of DG by anyone. Anytime y’all want. You round up opinions. I’ll bring facts. As per usual. 

2 minutes ago, carolinanimal said:

Again, before we do what you ask, answer this. How do you attribute wins/losses directly to a gm? Be specific.

The same way you do as a coach. Whoever put the team together in the off-season gets the credit/blame. What sort of criteria did you have in mind

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

The same way you do as a coach. Whoever put the team together in the off-season gets the credit/blame. What sort of criteria did you have in mind

On GM's I judge them on draft performance and free agency. Once the season starts the GM really doesnt affect the game much. 

He cant call plays, choose who starts, call timeouts, choose which scheme they will run...etc. that is up to the coach.

21 minutes ago, carolinanimal said:

On GM's I judge them on draft performance and free agency. Once the season starts the GM really doesnt affect the game much. 

He cant call plays, choose who starts, call timeouts, choose which scheme they will run...etc. that is up to the coach.

How do you judge whether a draft pick or a signing was good or not except by watching whether they help the team win?

If you say "well I think this guy was a good draft pick" and "I think this guy was a good signing", but your team is losing, where they really that good?

It can't always be the coach's fault.

You can't just absolve the GM from all blame, especially not when that GM works together with different coaches but the teams still keep losing.

Archived