• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston has interest in coming back

Crazydounut

2 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

Without looking for myself, isn't Collins a strong safety?  I imagine we will keep Reid around and surely we won't employ the double SS strategy again and sacrifice pass coverage...  Actually, yea.. we probably will.

I doubt we're going to spend the type of money Collins is likely to get no matter what. 

3 hours ago, blackcat said:

Where'd he play this season?

The Arizona Cards. Didn't do much.

I like him, but just his attitude & personality. He's too inconsistent & not sure if I could trust him. Not worth a 3-year/$9 mil deal.

Now I'd be totally cool with signing Eric Reid back for a 3-year/$9 mil deal, but i'm sure he wants much more than that.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the owner is going to influence the coach's philosophies. If he wants a coach with different philosophies then he should've fired Ron. Ron has made it pretty clear that he values building his defenses around the front seven and that safeties have the lowest positional value in his defense. All you have to do is look at our roster building history while Ron has been here. Whether it's been Gettleman or Hurney at GM, our resources have been spent on the front seven on defense. We've never drafted a DB in the 1st round or spent big money on a DB throughout Ron's tenure. We've never drafted a safety higher than the 3rd.

I think that Tepper didn't fire Ron because of timing. Meaning when he actually became the owner, when the draft started, etc. I don't think that Tepper pushed his direction much then. I think that we'll see more of Tepper's influence moving forward. 

Going through the ownership process, taking ownership, preparing for FA, preparing for the draft, finding a new HC and GM...I think it's a bit much walking in the door. We'll see soon enough...

29 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

The Arizona Cards. Didn't do much.

I like him, but just his attitude & personality. He's too inconsistent & not sure if I could trust him. Not worth a 3-year/$9 mil deal.

Now I'd be totally cool with signing Eric Reid back for a 3-year/$9 mil deal, but i'm sure he wants much more than that.

uh yeah, I'd take Reid 1000 times over Boston.  Dude can't tackle.

Boston has a 74 grade in PFF and was rated the 24th best safety in the league. He was rated above average. I would think if the money is right he would be an upgrade over Adams PFF was a 51 or Reid was rated a 66 or 54th.

Argue PFF scores are bogus if you like  but he appears to be an upgrade for us.   

13 minutes ago, Crazydounut said:

Tre seemed to have improved his tackling since he left. And he still has the ballhawking abilty he had in Carolina. If we can get him on a team friendly deal I would be all in on him

Well, part of the reason he isn't here now is that his definition of what he's worth differed somewhat from what teams thought he was worth.

Archived