• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Glover Quin Released

PantherNation123

I'm somewhat hoping that we've groomed/planning on grooming Kai Nacua into something usable if we aren't going to sign one of the younger/more talented guys on the FA market.

I think Glover Quin has kind of fallen off quite a bit. If Adams is done (and I hope he is) and nothing else works out, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Quin. But, I'm not ready to sign him tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

I'm somewhat hoping that we've groomed/planning on grooming Kai Nacua into something usable if we aren't going to sign one of the younger/more talented guys on the FA market.

I think Glover Quin has kind of fallen off quite a bit. If Adams is done (and I hope he is) and nothing else works out, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Quin. But, I'm not ready to sign him tomorrow.

Yeah, this is how I feel.  Quin has regressed a lot, but the Lions suck too...  I say ideal stopgap in the sense that, he is accomplished, has some years on him, and would come cheap...  we bring him in, and if he is the best at the position, we got a steal, and at worst, he's a great locker room vet to provide mentorship and leadership with more ability than Adams.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm ready to end the revolving door of washed up vets at safety.

Agree with you, and if there is a safety that is BPA I think we should draft, but if not signing Quin wouldn't be a bad route to go, especially if we could get him on a reasonable deal.

Both our lines have got to be addressed with our first 4 picks as well as potentially FA first and foremost

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm ready to end the revolving door of washed up vets at safety.

Agreed.... but is a draft pick going to be a sure thing? No.  Glover Quin who be a stopgap for a Gaulden or a draft pick.  Clearly we don't want another Harper/Adams situation, but it's better to have something for a year than nothing.

But if you have a clearer plan to "end the revolving door", let me know.

Archived