• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keenum -> Redskins

If Keenum had switched places with Alex Smith, I bet the career numbers would have been close current smiths. Very similar in abilities. Alex had better coaching, teams, environment, misc. 

edit- Keenum for 3.5 is a steal too. 

Think the writing is on the wall that Josh Norman is going to be cut.

Redskins were already cap strapped prior to this with some key productive starters still needing to be signed. 

They had 20 mil in cap space and Keenum is due 18 mil this year

Plus their starting LG, Jamison Crowder, Preston Smith, and Clinton Dix are are FA as well

Plus Brandon Scherff is on his last year of his rookie deal and will be wanting major $$$

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Redskins were already cap strapped prior to this with some key productive starters still needing to be signed. 

Plus their starting LG, Jamison Crowder, Preston Smith, and Clinton Dix are are FA as well

Washington is only paying 3.5 mill for Keenum.... not even close to the 18.  Norman still could be gone though

Makes sense for both teams. The Redskins get a stopgap QB and the Broncos get something for a guy they were ready to move on from. I still expect both to look at QBs early. Keenum was always a bad fit in Denver. Elway likes big, strong armed QBs. Keenum is neither. He would've had to have played lights out last year to have stuck another season IMO.

10 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Plus Brandon Scherff is on his last year of his rookie deal and will be wanting major $$$

Damn, didn't realize it was that bad. Honestly, the Redskins may have just wanted to let those FAs walk, play whoever at QB, and go full-on tank job in '19-'20 to make a run at the Bama or UGA QB.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Damn, didn't realize it was that bad. Honestly, the Redskins may have just wanted to let those FAs walk, play whoever at QB, and go full-on tank job in '19-'20 to make a run at the Bama or UGA QB.

Skins may only owe Kenum 3.5 like the other poster just pointed out. 

But that puts them down to 16.5 (a good 5 plus or minus will be used on draft picks) so they are looking at realistic 11.5 mil

Preston Smith will cost around 14 mil in this market.

Clinton Dix (who they just traded for) will cost 9 mil or so

Then still have Crowder to sign in that already weak WR group.

Shereff is going to want Andrew Norwell $$$ next summer 

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Skins may only owe Kenum 3.5 like the other poster just pointed out. 

But that puts them down to 16.5 (a good 5 plus or minus will be used on draft picks) so they are looking at realistic 11.5 mil

Preston Smith will cost around 14 mil in this market.

Clinton Dix (who they just traded for) will cost 9 mil or so

Then still have Crowder to sign in that already weak WR group.

Shereff is going to want Andrew Norwell $$$ next summer 

With how cheaply safeties went last year, I'd let C-D walk before I gave him anywhere near $9M. I just don't think the guy is that good.

I hope they let Smith walk just because I'd like to take a run at him but I'd tap out well before $14M.

Archived