• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A "Quick" lesson on why not to trust twitter

Saca312

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Can we also partially blame OP? This isn’t the first time he’s posted complete nonsense from random twitter people who are no more in the know than me or anyone else on this board.

Come on man, don’t do his boy “BillyM_91” like that...world renowned Twitter Analyst.

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Can we also partially blame OP? This isn’t the first time he’s posted complete nonsense from random twitter people who are no more in the know than me or anyone else on this board.

Sure we all know what the OP is. But Sheena is an "accredited journalist" and has a duty to vet her reporting. If she reports garbage like this somebody will post it here. That was her goal.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. The "real" outlets have had to get a lot more lax with their reporting in an effort to compete and that's how we get widespread "legit" reporting that Antonio Brown has been traded to the Buffalo Bills.

To be fair, Rapoport reported that it was nearly done, not done. And at the time, he was correct. It was people here who ran with it being a done deal.

Drew Rosenhaus has since come out and said that Brown wasn't the one who killed the deal. It was the Bills, who balked at the final numbers.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, Rapoport reported that it was nearly done, not done. And at the time, he was correct. It was people here who ran with it being a done deal.

Drew Rosenhaus has since come out and said that Brown wasn't the one who killed the deal. It was the Bills, who balked at the final numbers.

Would Rosenhaus openly admit to his client killing the deal even if he did? Nothing to be gained from it.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would Rosenhaus openly admit to his client killing the deal even if he did? Nothing to be gained from it.

Nothing to be lost, either. His deal is done. And he's admitted to shenanigans before.

From what I read of his statement, I don't think he's lying, and honestly nothing would stop the Bills from calling bullsh-t if he was.

Archived