• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most impressive rookie season?

Sub Zero

it's honestly hard to make a call like that for me, deciding between the two guys and what I thought at the time.

you look at what KB did, and it was incredible. i mean it would have been nice to have smitty on the field with him (probably would have been ugly, in actuality), but it looked like we had found our next stud WR. the guy was a rookie and got over a thousand yards and 9 TDs. what's not to like or be excited about? I guess back then he was hungry for football more than for McDonalds. 

The situation was vastly different for both guys, though. When KB stepped on to the field he was a major focus of the offense. the guy was on the field nearly 90% of the plays that season and was targeted pretty heavily right out of the gate. he only had 5 games where he was targeted less than 8 times and the first time he got less than 8 was 7 weeks into the season. he had 2 games each where he was targeted 11, 12, and 13 times. 

I can only imagine what moore would have looked like had he been given that kind of attention.

moore had to wait 10 weeks before he was targeted at least 8 times and even at that he was only targeted 8 or more times 5 times and never had a game where he was targeted more than 9. Even with that, though, he managed to get nearly 800 yards on 55 catches and he was used in more ways than KB. KB looked to be a good receiving option. DJ looks to be a good weapon who can make big plays as a receiver, a runner, and on STs. 

I don't know how DJ will shake out, but I can honestly say he could be the most exciting WR we've had since smitty. it was fun to watch KB catch the ball, but there wasn't much more to him than that. When you get the ball in DJ's hand's that's where the fun starts. 

Truthfully, you can say the same for him, CMC, and Samuel as well. Once those guys get the ball in their hands, good things happen. The thing that makes it better is that it's so easy to get the ball in their hands. They make themselves open and they are the most reliable WRs we've had in a long time. I can't wait to see a whole season with them and a healthy Cam.

I was on this bandwagon the whole time. I said if we drafted him he would be better than KB.

Moore than I could have hoped for so far. Sooooooooooooooo much like #89. I've never seen another player like #89 and here he is. DJ with good health and work ethic could easily outpace #89 though.

Only difference so far is DJ doesn't play as angry as Smitty did, that's hard for anybody to achieve, Moose comes to mind also. Smitty wouldn't give a DB sh, no matter how hard the hit #89 would always bounce back up immediately.

Smitty was right, this guy is his spirit animal. DJ will always be better than KB.

I was excited about KB. First game he had 2 TDs and carried us to a win against TB with D. Anderson as our QB.

But from there his first season was riddled with inconsistency and moments of greatness. After his catch over Sherman and Thomas, I thought "the debate was over, he's a big time playmaker" fast forward and he disappeared from many games and had trouble seperating from coverages throughout year one. The ball had to be placed perfectly for him to be able to make the grab.

I thought if he applied himself in offseason he get to the next level. The only thing he applied himself to was visiting the McDonald's drive through. KB got worse each year he made it to the field.

DJ is electric, a playmaker with limited opportunities, and has great hands! He's the opposite of KB

There's no way to change history, but I would've loved to have seen how KB would've turned out had he not torn his ACL. All reports indicated that he was looking like the best player on the field that camp. That ACL just seemed to ruin him, quite possibly mentally more so than physically. He just never seemed like he wanted it after that injury.

Kb had the better rookie season, much as Dj reminds of Steve Smith he did have to games where he fumbles costs us the game or damn near did at least. Kb is a bum because he trashed our qb who stuck his neck out for him, could care less about the other issues acl ect only thing I can think of that cause such a downward spiral was the lost of his mom, in which i can understand 

Archived