• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 115: Carolina Panthers take Edge rusher Christian Miller

ncfan

Goddamn that's serious value. Miller didn't drop because he's not ready to play, he dropped because of injury concerns and a small sample size. If he plays like he did last season he's a 1st round value on the edge. 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

We're going all in on pass rush. The Patriots shut down the Rams offense in the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history with a quality pass rush. We have to get to the QB.

It's the only way to do it now with the NFL making so many offensive oriented rules.   You basically can't touch the receiver at all once he gets past 5 yards, so it's necessary to get to the QB before his receiver is able to just run around enough to get open.

And yet people still don't get it about S. It's pretty funny that every year I say the same thing. We are not drafting god damn S's early in the draft except for rare occasions. You always go pass rush over S anyway no matter which defense you run.

Rivera has never valued S in his defense.

Just now, Icege said:

Burns and Miller on the edges, Poe, Short, and Love on the interior.

Luke and Shaq in the middle

Bradberry, Jackson, Reid, and whoever completing the shell.

Fapfapfapfap

A pick like that actually gives me more faith in Hurney.

Corey Miller calls it the “Case for Christian.” The former NFL linebacker took to Twitter on Thursday, producing a roughly two-minute video explaining why he thinks his son, Christian Miller, is “the best outside linebacker in this year’s draft.”

“Six-four, 250, can run, has a 4.6 40-time, 38-and-a-half vert, 10-foot broad,” he said, rattling off Christian’s measurables. “But the brother can straight get after the quarterback, and this is a passing league now in the National Football League. They throw the ball all around.

“He can rush the quarterback, but he is the most complete linebacker. He can set the edge. He can play the run. He can play off the ball 3-4, 4-3 Sam linebacker. He can do all of that, and he can put his hand in the dirt and be a defensive end in nickel and in sub packages. There’s no more complete linebacker in this draft. This is why I think any team that passes on him, they’re making a huge mistake.”

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/christian-miller-14

My favorite pick so far. He’s a great leader along with his talents. If you watched the Bama camp show he was the team leader. Was very impressed with this kids character. His injury history concerns me though. Especially Hamstring, those can linger and come back at any time 

Archived