• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Serious discussion- what do we do at backup QB?

therealmjl

18 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Especially when the backups don't play with 2 major part of the offense..

...i look at the intangibles they bring to the table...do you sell the play or do you take the snap and then start staring down your receiver immediately ...they straight raw sht.. can they improve..yea..hope so...Greir has scored more points for the opposition than for his team i think...

20 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I’d rather have Joe Webb back. 

Yes, Joe, he knows what he's doing, a real pro.

And there is Cardell Jones who likely would be available for a trade, he played well Sunday but his teammate Hill beat him out for Chargers #2 today with special play and speed. Don't shoot him down so quickly, he's matured.  

On 8/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, Rubi said:

It’s not a reach to say they aren’t good lol

And last Wednesday the same people on the huddle were talking about what teams would trade use because our backup qb’s were so good.

the one thing you can always depend on....and that is the fact that the huddle will over react to the nth degree after each game.  We go from SB favorites..to terrible...and back to SB favorites from week to week in here.

it is comedy gold.

33 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

And last Wednesday the same people on the huddle were talking about what teams would trade use because our backup qb’s were so good.

the one thing you can always depend on....and that is the fact that the huddle will over react to the nth degree after each game.  We go from SB favorites..to terrible...and back to SB favorites from week to week in here.

it is comedy gold

Just wait until game 3.  Cam will come out, slightly rusty.  Won't do bad, just average.  And then Allen/Grier (pick one) will have the game of their lives.  It will suddenly be time to move on from Cam!

35 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

it is comedy gold.

Except I didn’t say those things. 

They are who I thought they were!!

You install Heinicke in as QB2 for preseason game 3 and see if that lights a fire under the other two back-up candidates. If Allen ups his game, he probably beats out Heinicke for a spot. If Grier really rises to the occasion then he is our QB2 going into the season, #3 if Allen has another bad game. Because of draft position, Grier will take one of the QB spots ... we aren't throwing him away early and he'd never stay if we put him to the practice squad.

The only real question is Heinicke or Allen. There's no way we're going into the season with just Cam and Grier, so one of them is the guy, the other is wished good luck, given an apple and a bus ticket home. 

All three of those guys deserve to be behind the starting O-line and that should mean keeping the starters in for the whole game there. After the horrible protection last week, those guys need the work.

39 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

It would be accurate to say that they didn't perform well with their limited time in 1 game. 

Your statement is completely wrong. 

At the present time they aren’t good

my statement is correct. 

Thanks pantherclaw for your insight

Archived