• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's only preseason" .... well...

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

The linebackers depth is very concerning.  

.....Particularly with Luke’s history

...better pray he can last 16 games as the answer is not on the roster 

if kuechly's brain turns to scrambled eggs again the panthers linebackers are fuged

there's nothing they can do about that. kuechly is irreplaceable 

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

The linebackers depth is very concerning.  

.....Particularly with Luke’s history

...better pray he can last 16 games as the answer is not on the roster 

Honestly, that was almost as disappointing last night as the backup QB play...

I really though Carter and Smith were going to be an upgrade for the inside linebacker depth. About that...

Some of that could be helped with the scheme if it comes down to it, but the quality from Luke/Shaq to those is way more massive than I had hoped

4 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Honestly, that was almost as disappointing last night as the backup QB play...

I really though Carter and Smith were going to be an upgrade for the inside linebacker depth. About that...

Some of that could be helped with the scheme if it comes down to it, but the quality from Luke/Shaq to those is way more massive than I had hoped

Same here. I was actually really high on Carter and Smith coming into this season but man, they both looked like straight trash last night.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought Mayo looked like trash when he got more playing opportunity. Meanwhile, TD only has a $3.25M cap hit this season. I think that was the mistake.

Mayo was awful. I don't know how anyone who watched him play could think otherwise.

I was on-board with letting TD go b/c we did need to see what Shaq can do full-time and the switch to 3-4 meant we only needed 2 ILBs to start.

Even though he was/is an all-time great player in franchise history, I was concerned how TD would take to being a bench player, we need to see Shaq play a lot to determine whether he's the long term answer, and TD has objectively lost a step.

That being said, it does seem like a big mistake at this point. We could have resigned him cheap, and even at 36, he wouldn't look lost in coverage like Carter.

I hope this doesn't bite us in the ass this year.

7 minutes ago, Dhagans06 said:

Gilbert now has 2 tds for The browns, Im starting to think its the panthers 

Gilbert got outplayed by Heinicke last preseason. He might be a serviceable #3 QB, but he's never going to be a dependable backup or anything more.

Allen and Grier both have more ability than someone like Gilbert.

Gilbert is a camp arm.

We need a legitimate backup, and we only have 2ish weeks left to decide if we think Allen or Grier can be that.

But Garrett Gilbert is 100% irrelevant to that 

Archived