• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's only preseason" .... well...

Jeremy Igo

On 8/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, Davidson Deac II said:

I went to the preseason game against the Dolphins in 2015.  If anything, it was worse than this one, with our play in the first 35 minutes or so being horrid.  Only difference is that now we don't have Mr. Preseason Joe Webb to bring us back. 

I don't know how good we will be this year, but this game is irrelevant.  Just as the 2015 Dolphins game was.  

Yeah in 2008 the Eagles game was horrendous except for that bitchin fake field goal Fumble return from Richard Marshall 

it’s not an exact science but I feel like our 3rd preseason games have always been decent in good seasons and the 2nd was horrible lol 

Without Cam Newton, Rivera would be exposed as a moron.  Hell, he nearly lost his job a few times with Cam.

Think about it--Cam on offense, Luke and TD on defense...We got a coach telling reporters, "We lost because we threw the ball too high.."

On 8/17/2019 at 10:05 AM, Daddy_Uncle said:

I really enjoyed hearing his thoughts about Woodstock during an NFL broadcast. Also him being amazed and trying to explain Cam's hat. Mixon is a joke and I don't understand why Tepper allows him to represent us

I would love to hear a three-announcer team of Gross, Delhomme, and Rucker---maybe even Steve Smith---and Rosinski.

By the way, these 4-minute interviews on the sideline during the second half are terrible--but they keep doing it.

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Without Cam Newton, Rivera would be exposed as a moron.  Hell, he nearly lost his job a few times with Cam.

Think about it--Cam on offense, Luke and TD on defense...We got a coach telling reporters, "We lost because we threw the ball too high.."

Yep. Cam has been bailing Ron's ass out since his rookie year. Can't wait until those 3rd "save my ass Cam" downs again this year.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:11 AM, Khyber53 said:

The heat and wear of Wofford may have just gotten to them. At least that's what I'm hoping.

There's something to this.  I've argued for years that training camp at Wofford is stupid.  They need an indoor, climate controlled facility.  Practicing in stifling heat doesn't "toughen you up".  It tires you out, dehydrates you, makes you unable to practice as hard, and makes you more prone to injury.

3 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

There's something to this.  I've argued for years that training camp at Wofford is stupid.  They need an indoor, climate controlled facility.  Practicing in stifling heat doesn't "toughen you up".  It tires you out, dehydrates you, makes you unable to practice as hard, and makes you more prone to injury.

Or move it up to Appalachian State where it's cooler and you can get a bit of altitude training, too. (Not much, but some).

10 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I wonder if that is why the 2nd game always sucks. End of training camp and the team just kinda crashes? Glad our owner is gonna pay for some facilities 

Archived