• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's only preseason" .... well...

Jeremy Igo

"It's only preseason"

For the most part, I agree. However, when the entire team comes out looking completely unprepared and uninterested in running the plays they rehearsed all week it is a concern. Mainly because the Panthers have looked that exact same way a game or two every season under Rivera, making it a trend. 

My hope here is that they got it out of their system and a good ass chewing after the game when the outcomes don't matter. 

The difference in quality  between games 1 and 2 of preseason was so significant, there has to be an explanation.   I hope we get answers.  Did Washington become D coord for a day?   Our OL was the worst part, and that is the area we had to solve in the offseason.  So where does that leave us ?

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

My hope here is that they got it out of their system and a good ass chewing after the game

Weren't there similar hopes like this after the blowout loss to Pittsburgh in primetime last year?

I think it's past time for Ron Rivera's team to cease being on the receiving end of these blowouts for awhile. Especially at home where our record last year wasn't exactly pretty.

Just now, ARSEN said:

When Washington starts calling the plays... The whole D looks lost.  It’s like he speaks different language.

I don’t get why everyone thinks Washington was calling the plays. A) we were playing vanilla gameplan, B) Rivera has a play sheet in his hand, C) sounded like classic Mixon hyperbole, Washington is the coordinator so he has to be calling the D.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I don’t get why everyone thinks Washington was calling the plays. A) we were playing vanilla gameplan, B) Rivera has a play sheet in his hand, C) sounded like classic Mixon hyperbole, Washington is the coordinator so he has to be calling the D.

This. I don't get why anyone takes anything Mick Mixon says seriously. Dude literally opened last night's broadcast talking about the 2 teams "grinding on each other" during practice this week. He can't look away from Rivera's "ample chest" long enough to actually know what's going on.

5 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

One explanation is it was our back ups against their starters during 1st half and we got slaughtered, then second half when their back ups came out it was even.  At least that makes me feel a little better.

It was staters minus Luke/Shaq for the first quarter/a bit of the second quarter. 

Week one was our backups against their back ups. Week two was our back ups against their starters. Luke and Cam are the ones energizing our team and helping everyone get in place, take them away plus CMC, Greg and Shaq and this is what you get... Not saying our backups are terrible, they just aren’t ready to go head to head against one another team’s starters (especially one of the top pass defenses in the league).

Archived