• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching matters. Take a look and find out why.

ellis

53 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Defensive coaches are almost always more emotional than offensive coaches. It is part of their nature while offensive coaches tend to be cerebral and controlled. So yeah he should have told Washington to call things while he argued but let's be real here. Once you are angry it is pretty hard just to put the stopper in your feelings and shift gears. Especially for defensive guys 

Excuses.  Tired of them.

Go be a better head coach.  If you can't handle play calling duties, clock management, your emotions, and in game strategy, you need to delegate those duties to others.

If you are terrible about selecting the person to delegate those duties to (and so far Ron has proven that he is), then you aren't fit to be a head coach in the NFL.

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I just hate to bring in unproven guys who take sometimes years to learn their job like Rivera did

Can you explain exactly when was the moment that Rivera "learned the job" since he's making the same damn mistakes now that he made as a rookie coach and ever since?

4 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Rivera isn't responsible for substitutions either.

See, here's where I just can't believe you actually hear/see what comes out of  your mouth/keyboard.

Ron Rivera is damned well responsible for EVERYTHING on that sideline.  He's the HEAD FUGGING COACH.  When his assistants are incompetent, that mean's HE is incompetent.

He is responsible for EVERY substitution on offense.

He is responsible for EVERY substitution on defense.

He is responsible for EVERY substitution on special teams.

He is responsible for EVERY play called by the offensive coordinator.

He is responsible for EVERY play called by the defensive coordinator.

I just can't comprehend how some of you guys  believe that Ron Rivera is some kind of angelic, disembodied spirit that hovers over this team but somehow doesn't interact with it nor is responsible for it.

21 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I still wish we would have looked into Jack Del Rio as DC. Would have helped with many of these problems. 

I wish we had brought in John Dorsey instead of the worn out pair of jeans that we have in the GM's seat right now...but alas....we are a dumb team.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

See, here's where I just can't believe you actually hear/see what comes out of  your mouth/keyboard.

Ron Rivera is damned well responsible for EVERYTHING on that sideline.  He's the HEAD FUGGING COACH.  When his assistants are incompetent, that mean's HE is incompetent.

He is responsible for EVERY substitution on offense.

He is responsible for EVERY substitution on defense.

He is responsible for EVERY substitution on special teams.

He is responsible for EVERY play called by the offensive coordinator.

He is responsible for EVERY play called by the defensive coordinator.

I just can't comprehend how some of you guys  believe that Ron Rivera is some kind of angelic, disembodied spirit that hovers over this team but somehow doesn't interact with it nor is responsible for it.

What an over reaction. Of course the coordinator or head coach are ultimately responsible. That isn't what I meant at all. Chase Blackburn for example is responsible for special teams substitutions and personnel. Rivera can't attend to that level of detail and still call plays,. for example. Just like linebacker coaches manage those folks and then Washington manages the position coaches  and Rivera manages Washington. So on a particular play if the personnel is wrong it is the position coaches responsibility. Now it is Rivera's ultimate responsibility to hold the coaches under him accountable. So the bucks stop there.  Not sure how you got all of that other stuff out of what I said and I hope this clarifies my thoughts. I think you were talking apples and I was talking oranges 

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Can you explain exactly when was the moment that Rivera "learned the job" since he's making the same damn mistakes now that he made as a rookie coach and ever since?

It won't matter what I say if your mind is made up. You aren't open to any changes he may have made so no need to debate.

Ellis is right McVay did hand a whoopin to Ron last Sunday.  

This part of reason Im perplexed at Ron when he faces the greatest coach of all-time Bill Belichick. Ron maybe the only coach in history that out-coached Bill a lot more than Bill does Ron.

Again I gave plenty of room inheriting a 2-14 coming off a lock-out with a rookie QB and no 2nd. League has changed sooo much during Rons time, I'm ready for different Leadership. One that understands QBs and offense and can pick an great staff.   

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ellis is right McVay did hand a whoopin to Ron last Sunday.  

This part of reason Im perplexed at Ron when he faces the greatest coach of all-time Bill Belichick. Ron maybe the only coach in history that out-coached Bill a lot more than Bill does Ron.

Again I gave plenty of room inheriting a 2-14 coming off a lock-out with a rookie QB and no 2nd. League has changed sooo much during Rons time, I'm ready for different Leadership. One that understands QBs and offense and can pick an great staff.   

I remember seeing an analysis that Belichick seems to have a lot of trouble with mobile quarterbacks.

Won't claim to have researched it myself, but it's plausible.

Firstly, great observations and great content. Thanks for sharing. These little things go unnoticed but really bring to light how Ron gets outcoached by the smarter coaches. Sean Payton has been doing this for YEARS, and even Dan Quinn to some extent. The fact that we only lost by 3 to the NFC champs shows just how much talent we have on this team being wasted by bad coaching.

I've compared this situation for a long time now. We COULD HAVE been like the Golden State Warriors. If anybody remembers right, the GSW were a decent team with Mark Jackson. They had great players and started showing flashes of brilliance, but kept falling short in the playoffs. The GSW ended up firing Mark Jackson as some thought he wasn't doing enough with a talented roster. Well, they end up hiring an unproven coach (Steve Kerr) and go on to be one of the best teams in history because they got a coach who actually used their players right and implemented a GREAT system and scheme. I honestly felt (and still feel) we could have been on the cusp of greatness with two hall of famers on BOTH sides of the ball (how often does that happen?). But no, this dumbass franchise squandered one of the best opportunities in history because of their loyalty and stubbornness for change.

Archived