• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assuming Cam is out Sunday who do you start?

Randolph Panther

Considering Cam is out, who do you start Sunday  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Allen or Grier

• Allen
    • Grier
    • Trade or sign someone else

5 minutes ago, Baskinridge said:

Ron and Marty almost always seem to be in job saving mode. I want them gone period. Sticking with Allen and Grier doesn't cost us any additional money or picks but almost assuredly a terrible season. Getting Kaep might not be a playoff successful move but we do know he's had some success and wouldn't cost a pick. Even the money wouldn't be long term bad situation if he didn't work out. Not that having that money would would really matter if these two somehow survive being here after this year since they would just screw it up regardless.

Your thinking is short sighted.

We need to be ready for a complete rebuild this offseason.  GM, HC, QB, OL, DL, etc...we may see a full teardown, something that I have been preparing myself for since Cam went down again last season.

We will need every draft pick, every cap dollar (even roll over), and every long toothed vet to be in a position that won't kill us to cut them.  It's why I didn't like Marty pushing money back two weeks ago on the TT and KK deals....just makes them harder to cut next season if needed.

Unless Cam can prove me 100% wrong (I really really hope he can) then it will be time for a completely new Panthers than we have seen in almost a decade.

Cheers.

Just now, thefuzz said:

We need to be ready for a complete rebuild this offseason.  GM, HC, QB, OL, DL, etc...we may see a full teardown, something that I have been preparing myself for since Cam went down again last season.

If true, Marty needs to be fired well before the end of the season. You want your new GM in place before Black Monday to start interviewing HC candidates. 

Just now, trueblade said:

If true, Marty needs to be fired in 2012. You want your new GM in place before Black Monday to start interviewing HC candidates. 

Fixed it.

But you are correct, we need to get a jump on it, and I'm hoping to start seeing rumors of "football people" around the building to help Tepper out with this.  He hasn't proven to me to be good with the hard stuff yet.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Hasn't played in 3 years.  He would get killed his first game.  Waste of money.

if we had signed him in the offseason and he had time to get into game shape he would be a better option than anything we have. but at this point you're right.

honestly just pull all the starters until Cam is healthy. there's no point in getting others hurt too.

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

if we had signed him in the offseason and he had time to get into game shape he would be a better option than anything we have. but at this point you're right.

honestly just pull all the starters until Cam is healthy. there's no point in getting others hurt too.

Marty and Ron do not have that option.  They have to win and win now. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He wasn't the last time he played, 3 years ago.

Wasn't his numbers the last 8 games with the 49ers better than the numbers that got Jimmy G paid?

He looked bad before he got benched for Gabbert but he ended better than most want to give him credit for. Wouldn't work here but he should be on a NFL roster.

57 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I honestly think this could win us 2 or 3 games before our opponents can adequately gameplan for it. Running is where the talent is on our offense, why not lean into it?

I remember several years ago (2006) when Chris Weinke was quarterback vs Atlanta, we direct snapped to DeAngelo Williams ALOT. We ran 52 times and only passed 7 times.

2 hours ago, nchighrocker said:

I remember several years ago (2006) when Chris Weinke was quarterback vs Atlanta, we direct snapped to DeAngelo Williams ALOT. We ran 52 times and only passed 7 times.

If you're trying to remind us that Foxy was a goof you've succeeded.

Now, start Grier, he's the future and there is seemingly nothing to lose.

1 hour ago, Glitchh said:

If you're trying to remind us that Foxy was a goof you've succeeded.

Now, start Grier, he's the future and there is seemingly nothing to lose.

The only thing I'm reminding anyone about is that a young inexperienced quarterback's best friend is a strong running game that controls the clock and a stingy defense. They won that game 10-3. 

6 hours ago, Varking said:

Actually if you base it off of preseason Allen was the worst of the 3. I can provide the stats if you like but Allen scored the least (6 points), threw the shortest passes, and completed the lowest percent of passes of the three despite having the best talent around him. Yes, Grier turned the ball over but he scored 29 points while giving up 21 for a +8. Allen was just +6. Taylor was the best of the three. Allen was literally the worst. He is getting the nod because he knows the offence and played against Saints backups and got a W where they just wanted to be healthy for their playoff run. 

Turnovers significantly outweigh anything else.  

Archived