• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Room: Allen Pre-Snap Read

ellis

Keep in mind, this quarterback was not invited to the NFL Combine. I know it’s one game. But this is a big-time read at the line, and an elite throw on the run. And good God, what a catch by Samuel. The good offensive vibes were contagious on Sunday

6 minutes ago, ellis said:

Keep in mind, this quarterback was not invited to the NFL Combine. I know it’s one game. But this is a big-time read at the line, and an elite throw on the run. And good God, what a catch by Samuel. The good offensive vibes were contagious on Sunday

Ellis, I am loving your material.

You, SACA, and KB make this board for me!

You know, what I never understood about Cam is his tempo in and out of the huddle.  For a guy with that energy, you'd think he would be rushing to the line every time.

I remember when he made the change to kneeling in the huddle.  He said it was because he didn't want teams to know when he was tired.  Like most people I just kinda accepted it.  But wouldn't the smarter thing be to simply NEVER kneel down in the huddle?

I really like the tempo our offense played with on Sunday.  Crisp.

24 minutes ago, ellis said:

Ah deliciousness! I love the film room, the tell of the tape. It has been to hard to watch the last 10 games in a row, this week was nice and different. All 22!!!!!!

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

You know, what I never understood about Cam is his tempo in and out of the huddle.  For a guy with that energy, you'd think he would be rushing to the line every time.

I remember when he made the change to kneeling in the huddle.  He said it was because he didn't want teams to know when he was tired.  Like most people I just kinda accepted it.  But wouldn't the smarter thing be to simply NEVER kneel down in the huddle?

I really like the tempo our offense played with on Sunday.  Crisp.

Energy ? Cam plays lazy quite a bit, always has.  

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

when cam comes back however long that may be, it needs to be stressed the importance of getting to the line with time remaining 

It has bothered me a lot since I'd heard that Olsen has to often re-translate the plays in the huddle that Cam has been given. That's probably a big part of the problem.

Perhaps a bit more time with the play book and less time with GQ would be a good idea. 

Archived