• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam derangement syndrome is a real thing

PhillyB

47 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

Rando at my bar was watching with me in the fourth quarter. Kyle Allen pulls a matrix move to escape the crashing end. We all pound the bar. Dude goes, without a trace of irony,

"I'm just saying, Cam Newton couldn't have done that"

Cam Newton made a fuging career out of doing that. Healthy Cam Newton ducks out of hits like that in his sleep and doesn't lose three fumbles because he is a tank with A-grade pocket awareness. He is an elite quarterback.

There is a positive correlation between people who say catastrophically stupid things like "cam newton couldn't have done that" and people who subjectively despise him for things like wearing a towel and dancing.

Cam Newton makes people deranged and it's going to be an unbelievable source of catharsis for me when he returns to take over the reins from Kyle Allen around thanksgivingish and leads this team to the playoffs 

Cool.  Then what happened?

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

People are just mad that we have two really good QBs. 

That is the best part.  We could get a first round draft pick for Allen should we  commit to Cam long term.   Personally, I think we have a real controversy on our hands if Allen wins next week---do you go with a 31-year old QB who has sacrificed his body for several years and has been injured a lot lately, or do you go with the 23-year old QB who completes 70% of his passes and has shown the ability to win games?  As fans, we can argue because we are loyal.  As a GM, we all know what the smart move will be if that happens.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Johnny Unitas was good "in the past."  The Colts still let him go at some point. There is an argument to made on both sides.  Cam (in the past) was in his twenties; the Cam we are seeing now is the Cam in his thirties paying for the style of Cam in his twenties.

Allen is connecting on 70% of his passes.  Cam's career accuracy is not that good--he is below 60% for his career.  We loved the Cam who could take the team on his back and run for a first down, but he struggled to drive the team down the field with his arm.  He focused on certain WRs/TEs and left others open. He has not improved his accuracy and become a pocket passer as everyone said he would become as he matured.  Frankly, I appreciate the Cam of the past, but I am not confident we get better with the Cam of the future.

You’re taking a 3 game sample size for Allen’s accuracy percentage over a guy who’s played 9 seasons. I don’t think we have to go over the deficiencies of this team over cams career or having the lowest percentage wide receivers who can get open. 

people really need to pump the fuging breaks and let things play out over the season to see where we stand with both Kyle and Cam. All this other poo is just dumb noise.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Do you all really think race has anything to do with it?  If you do, others may not be the problem.  We all want to win-period.

didn't you write a psychology textbook? do you really think assumptions about race and society play no role in bias and perception of ability?

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

go jerk off to your anime girlfriend and stop posting

Have you considered anger management classes?  It could help you have a more positive outlook on life and not be so antagonizing.   There's really no shame in it.  Everyone has something they can improve on and seeking help is a sign of a courage.

20 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Cam 2015 QB rating = 99.4

The racists of this forum are too obvious.  Any person who says something negative about Cam is attacked.

paine-passer-rating-1.png

Now how many achieve that with Ted Ginn and Philly Brown as their starting 2 wide receivers?

3 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Have you considered anger management classes?  It could help you have a more positive outlook on life and not be so antagonizing.   There's really no shame in it.  Everyone has something they can improve on and seeking help is a sign of a courage.

go picket some more gays you freak

Archived