• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wired: Brian Burns

Pantherxtreme

Just now, Floppin said:

This D is going to be really special this year.

If we can prevent big gap runs, I think this defense could be historically good. 

I know Pats have a weak schedule but my god their D is ridiculously good right now. 

I want a Pats vs Panthers SB with us getting revenge!

4 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

If we can prevent big gap runs, I think this defense could be historically good. 

I know Pats have a weak schedule but my god their D is ridiculously good right now. 

Beating the Pats in the Superbowl is my dream scenario.

Just now, ecu88 said:

It almost feels like Ron has said “screw run defense, we are all in on defending the pass because that is how offenses are putting up points”

The Packers look like they are doing something similar and the Eagles finally adjusted in the 2nd half against them and ran all over them in their comeback.

It has worked well for us so far. Teams have been able to run against us but it really hasn’t led to many points. Interested to see what Jax and Fournette do. He just had a huge game against the Broncos.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

It almost feels like Ron has said “screw run defense, we are all in on defending the pass because that is how offenses are putting up points”

The Packers look like they are doing something similar and the Eagles finally adjusted in the 2nd half against them and ran all over them in their comeback.

It has worked well for us so far. Teams have been able to run against us but it really hasn’t led to many points. Interested to see what Jax and Fournette do. He just had a huge game against the Broncos.

That is my biggest concern!

I do not mind letting another team rack up rushing yds against us, but the explosive runs concern me.

Like how LF did against the Broncos.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Given how the NFL is so geared towards passing these days, this seems like a reasonably workable approach for the most part. Passes that give up big chunks of yards are far more common than runs that do.

1 minute ago, ecu88 said:

That is my biggest concern!

I do not mind letting another team rack up rushing yds against us, but the explosive runs concern me.

Like how LF did against the Broncos.

Well we have something the Packers don’t. Luke Kuechly. I think Ron trusts Luke to limit those and prevent their big runs from overwhelming us.

Archived