• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jags Fans Going IN On Andrew Norwell

beastson

The guy was an absolute beast here and was All Pro. Don’t know why it’s not working for the Jags but I don’t get why Panthers fans would then rip on or laugh at a former UDFA that played his ass off for us and then went to the AFC. It’s one thing if it’s like Klein going to a division rival but I always root for former Panthers to do well if they’re on an AFC team, unless it’s a guy like MeAngelo.

I loved Norwell, and I'm happy he got paid by an AFC team.

He hasn't been healthy, but he also hasn't lived up to his contract either 

Plus Addison is absolutely balling and at least deserves to be on the fringes of the Defensive Player of the Year conversation.

He is probably the most underrated Panther since Chris Gamble.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Could also have something to do with him playing in a different system.

Or maybe he just hot the wall. Hard to say...

Or it’s just a case of overpayment making him seem worse than he actually is there. From what I’ve read he’s actually been solid, just not highest paid guard good. I’d take him back in a heartbeat for a reasonable deal if they were to release him in a year or something.

i remember rivera saying norwell was almost cut as a rookie since he was so terrible in practice. but the OL was in shambles and when he got a chance to practice with the 1s, he looked much better.

maybe he was just a product of our system and learning from ryan kalil and trai turner helped him out.

glad we paid turner instead of him (despite some inconsistencies and the annual missed game). clearly the better player.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Or it’s just a case of overpayment making him seem worse than he actually is there. From what I’ve read he’s actually been solid, just not highest paid guard good. I’d take him back in a heartbeat for a reasonable deal if they were to release him in a year or something.

Valid.

Sean Gilbert certainly wasn't a bad player. He just wasn't worth two first round picks.

Archived