• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little perspective on Allen

Khyber53

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

The team won those games. He’s been decent, but let’s stop it like the defense and CMC hasn’t carried him. He almost gave the game away last game. 

Right, but if your expectation is that your 2nd year backup qb should be capable of putting the team on his shoulders and carrying the team to victory, you might as well tell the kid to grow a mustache.

9 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

People’s main gripe with KA is the unnecessary bashing of Cam. I don’t think anyone is rooting for KA to fail but this gives “those fans” a reason to say stupid poo that hold zero merit 

I don't recall KA bashing Cam.

For that matter, I don't recall Cam bashing KA.

Maybe posters should direct their hate at other posters and not at Panthers players trying their best to win some games?

55 minutes ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

But In reality we wasted our 3rd round pick on a Bust QB so...

That is simply not true.  The competition created by having Allen and Grier was and is a good thing for this team.

Even if Grier never ends up playing a meaningful regular season down it was still a good pick. 

We were the only team to have not spend a draft pick on a QB in 8 years.  You cannot perpetually not address depth at the most important position on the team.

Cam was a tank for his first 6 seasons, but his injuries had started to creep up, and it was absolutely necessary.

And to call Will Grier a bust at this point is absurd.  He's a rookie coming from a conference that played spread concepts with little defense to read.  Give him some time.  He was the 100th pick in the draft.

The Redskins drafted Haskins at 15 and are giving him a year to develop on the bench.  Anything we got out of Grier this year was found money.

Also, there was simply too small a sample size to feel confident going into the season with Allen as Cam's only backup.  And now that Cam is hurt, we would have needed a competent 3rd QB anyway, so that alone is validation for the Grier pick.

The Panthers in one offseason went from having arguably the worst backup QB situation in the league to one of the best.  That is a good thing.

Anyone who thinks Will Grier is a bust before he's ever started a game is a stupid fuging retard. 

Who knows what the QB situation will look like in the last year of his contract. We don't even know what it will look like at the end of the season. Shut the fug up about him being a bust.

And yes I agree that if it was Will Grier winning games for the Panthers right now, perspective might be a little different. But I agree that either way, the team has been winning games more than the QB, but that's a fact that would need to be true for Cam to win games too. 

Archived