• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is most of the focus on Allens QB performance today?

stankowalski

Norv didn't do Allen any favors passing the ball as much as they did early on. Unfortunately, because they refuse to play any other running backs they can't just keep giving it to CMC against a defense like the 49ers. This team is gonna have to lean on the run game and CMC, and Bonnafon, and Scarlett. 

The 49ers just kept putting in fresh backs and each one slashed the hell out of our defense. 

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This!

I posted this elsewhere 

From 2016-2018 when we had among the worst defenses in the league.

When we lost, we had plenty of these same fans say.  "The Defense was bad, but Cam didnt have his best game and Wins and Losses fall on the QB"

Now its

"Cant put any of today on Allen, the D was terrible........but have you seen him the last few weeks (when the defense has been among the leagues best including forcing 7 turnovers last week)" 

Yes the D especially Run D was hot garbage.   But Allen doesnt get a pass and he did haveva bad game today.  And showed that he is still while he has potential to be the future down the road.  He aint QB1 now.  When the D and CMC got shut down for the first time since he's played, he crumbled.

Allen shouldn't get a pass, but I don't think he deserves the bulk of the blame.  When was the last time we scored 51+ in a game?

Just now, Navy_football said:

Norv didn't do Allen any favors passing the ball as much as they did early on. Unfortunately, because they refuse to play any other running backs they can't just keep giving it to CMC against a defense like the 49ers. This team is gonna have to lean on the run game and CMC, and Bonnafon, and Scarlett. 

The 49ers just kept putting in fresh backs and each one slashed the hell out of our defense. 

So Nirv didnt do him any favors by making hkm do what any Starting QB is expected to do.  

Their D gameplanned and focused on stacking and shutting down CMC and forcing Kyle to throw it.  So we did.

1 minute ago, stankowalski said:

Yeah he did hold onto it too long more than a few times...but honestly our receivers were draped the entire game. 

Pretty much. Though granted, in most cases there wasn't enough time to "hold on to the ball too long".

It became obvious over the course of the game that he was rattled. That's the one thing that hadn't really happened to him up to this point. Rivera was continually praising how he kept it cool, but not this game.

This new narrative of people who said Kyle Allen isn't the future are now people who are hoping the panthers fail because they want a black QB is prime post-modernism bullshit. 

I'm amazed at how many people are waxing poetic about what it means to be a real fan after shitting on our franchise QB the last 8 weeks. 

8 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Because half of this fanbase is just Cam Newton stans who would rather us lose than have another QB succeed.

You taken a look at the Panthers social media? Half of that group are Cam stans? That's news to a lot of people just perusing facebook and twitter briefly and being met with instant disgust.

There are maybe a handful of people if that who do not like Kyle Allen.

One thing for sure, there aren't Panthers "fans" piling in to sign up and gloat after the Panthers lose led by Kyle Allen. With Cam though? Do I even need to say it? If you haven't seen it you haven't been looking. We've had 10 years of this.

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So Nirv didnt do him any favors by making hkm do what any Starting QB is expected to do.  

Their D gameplanned and focused on stacking and shutting down CMC and forcing Kyle to throw it.  So we did.

They didn't really shut down CMC.  We just got so far behind that we had no choice but to throw it.   

Is it? Honestly I feel like most of the focus has been on our atrocious defensive outing. No, Allen did not play well. No, the OL did not play well. But honestly, I'm not sure you can play well enough on offense against a very good defense in the Niners' to make up for how terrible our defense was today.

3 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

This new narrative of people who said Kyle Allen isn't the future are now people who are hoping the panthers fail because they want a black QB is prime post-modernism bullshit. 

I'm amazed at how many people are waxing poetic about what it means to be a real fan after shitting on our franchise QB the last 8 weeks. 

Alt's suck.

Nobody gets a pass. Defense horrible. Gaps as wide as strahan two front teeth. They killed us on the outside run then killed us inside when we tried to contain the outside. Down 21-3 isnt much you can do other than air the ball out. And they were just dropping back and playing zone and making sure we didnt get nothing overtop. While their defensive line or Bosa WRECKED HAVOC. Im a Cam fan but this is definite 70% defense and 30% offense. Offensive line cant hold those boys. They are too good. Allen tried but there was no way when you literally have 4 secs to throw the ball and bosa in your face without you forcing the ball.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Is it? Honestly I feel like most of the focus has been on our atrocious defensive outing. No, Allen did not play well. No, the OL did not play well. But honestly, I'm not sure you can play well enough on offense against a very good defense in the Niners' to make up for how terrible our defense was today.

QFT

Superman Cam doesn't win this unless he played both ways. This was as complete a loss as the Pittsburgh game last year. That wasn't on Cam last year and this isn't on Allen. It was on the team and staff top to bottom.

Archived