• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HYPOTHETICAL Cam Trades Thread

kungfoodude

Cam for AJ Green straight up.

Sounding like the Bengals may try to slap the franchise tag on him.  

He has said he'd like to stay a Bengal........if they offer him a long term deal which they may not do.  They can trade him for Cam and have Cam play out his 1 year there while redshirting the rookie QB they bring in.

This is a hypothetical thread so put your pitchforks away: So if the FO actually is sold on not moving forward with Cam, then we might as well get something for him. He only has 1 year left on a pretty cheap deal considering QB money with not much guaranteed. And he's a former MVP who has shown the ability to carry a franchise and played at a high level at the start of 2018.

All of this considered, we could probably get a 1st from somebody, or a starter + like a 4th round pick. 

Again, if they are already sold on not moving forward with him then they may actually take a 2nd rounder.

Worst case scenario would be a repeat of this season. Comes back week 1 obviously not fully healthy and either looks bad or gets hurt again. That would kill all trade value. 

I think there will be plenty of suitors when it comes time, probably 10-12 teams will show some sort of interest. I think you can get a team to give up a 1st+ if they think he is healthy and can be signed long term. Of not, you at least need a 2nd + and should look to add picks for the 2021 draft. Go into the season seeing what Allen has and if he flounders, you are probably in a good position to draft a QB or have an inventory to move up if needed. 

I still say he ends up in Dallas if they let Dak walk. Especially at the price he is at for next year vs what Dak is seeking. 

Or just fleece another team and sign Cam as a FA after. Next season after he proves he is healthy...

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Cam for AJ Green straight up.

Sounding like the Bengals may try to slap the franchise tag on him.  

He has said he'd like to stay a Bengal........if they offer him a long term deal which they may not do.  They can trade him for Cam and have Cam play out his 1 year there while redshirting the rookie QB they bring in.

That sounds interesting, although they're a near lock for either Tua, Herbert, or Burrow at this point.  You gotta think that those 3 will be starting at the get go wherever they go so I don't see a team getting one of them investing more than the league avg/year for a vet QB.     

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

That sounds interesting, although they're a near lock for either Tua, Herbert, or Burrow at this point.  You gotta think that those 3 will be starting at the get go wherever they go so I don't see a team getting one of them investing more than the league avg/year for a vet QB.     

Just because you draft a QB high doesn't mean they start right away.

With Burrow only having 1 year starting under his belt.  They may want to redshirt him.

Heck the best QB in the game right now Mahomes sat his rookie year while Mitch started right away.  Which now looks couldve damaged Mitch's career.

Raiders I think they still have enough draft capital to make a move, I have the charges second behind the raiders 

other than that it’s either Chicago, Buffalo, or Titans.

Than you have teams who could pulled what the browns did with Taylor, and have cam start until there young qb is ready.

you have a couple teams that could have him sit behind a aging qb than take over the reigns ala Patriots or Steelers.

Hypothetically speaking of course 

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Just because you draft a QB high doesn't mean they start right away.

With Burrow only having 1 year starting under his belt.  They may want to redshirt him.

Heck the best QB in the game right now Mahomes sat his rookie year while Mitch started right away.  Which now looks couldve damaged Mitch's career.

I don't disagree but I'm speaking to allocation of the cashola.  If you draft a QB high, you're getting a first rounder contract.  If you have a vet in place, then sure, you can have that cushion to not start them right away.  But, if you draft a guy like that, you're putting the franchise in a weird pickle if Cam comes in, plays like Cam again and can go for 4 seasons on a fresh ~$25 mil/year contract.  The teams that draft those guys will target a Bridgewater/Keenum type. 

Let's be honest, some guys are obviously ready a la Cam, Watson, Luck, etc. some benefit from sitting.  These 3 guys coming out are starter ready.  Mitch was far from it. 

Archived