• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy poo, D-Will is... making some sense?

tiger7_88

There are things that can be compared other than just stats. And of course they're being asked to do different things, they're different QBs. KA does not have the overall skill set that Cam does, I dont think anyone who is being truly objective thinks that he does. 

A head coach and/or coordinator should tailor their game around the player, not try to make the player fit into a specific game. Cam was asked to do more because he has the ability to do more, and rightfully so. An 8 year vet should be able to do more than a UDFA rookie. 

Realistically, all that we should really be comparing is who has the ability, not just the talent, to give the team the best chance to succeed. I cant give D Will props for stating the obvious.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Eli Manning.

Michael Vick.

"same job"

Technically, true. Different ways to skin the same cat, right? Not all QB's are alike. That's why the Kyle vs. Cam threads are so nonsensical. You can't ask Kyle to do the same things Cam did. He just isn't the same kind of player. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't be successful, it just means he is different.

If you give me a choice, I take a healthy Cam 100/100 times. But, that just isn't the way it has worked out.

He is doing what Cam did the first half of last year. Run the offense through CMC. Cam was 6-2 when healthy and running this offense. CMC is our most dynamic player and it should run through him. The question is do we extend Cam and pay a ton of money to have him run our offense through CMC? He isn’t going to want to play without an extension with his recent injury issues.

14 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Not total 100% sense by any means (Kellerman tries to point him in the right direction at one point), but for the most part he actually makes SOME sense.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28005902

Summary: D-Will is saying you can't say Allen is playing "better" this year than Newton last year because they were/are being asked to do two totally different jobs.

Just continuing to poo any post where people bring up The Panthers hater DeAngelo Williams.

Archived