• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Larsen vs Matt Paradis

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

Paradis is ranked 32 out of 32 centers in NFL

be it slow from injury recovery or flat non performance , he is terrible 

why not send a message and start Larsen

i know Larsen is not a world beater  but he knows the offense and is not historically bad either 

Because Rivera is the head coach. Paradis will go out on his own terms.

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

1. Williams coming off a horrible knee injury which in truth probably takes two years to heal

2. Paradis coming off of a gruesome broken leg

3. Trai turner who has been underperforming since getting paid 

4. Van roten. Below average at best 

5. Moton  who has regressed this year 

6. Little dropped in rankings for a reason

Man this hurts my heart. We could maybe be okay if one of these guys had regressed, but they've all played terribly. 

Van roten is the only person on the line who is actually playing to his skill, which is already below average lol

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

I would be more inclined to agree if we weren't staring down the barrel of a rebuild. Either way, he isn't worth keeping and the cap hit is the price of getting rid of him. He is bad enough to consider eating the cap hit and just moving on. 

If we weren't staring down $10 mil in dead cap from Matt Kalil, I'd agree.

3 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Man this hurts my heart. We could maybe be okay if one of these guys had regressed, but they've all played terribly. 

Van roten is the only person on the line who is actually playing to his skill, which is already below average lol

Yeah, I don't blame any of our woes on Van Roten. He was our weak link on paper coming into the season and he's been the only one so far to actually play to expectations. We always had to know he was one of those good backup/subpar starter types. Which isn't terrible. Most lines have one of those guys. You just need the rest of the line to carry them. That hasn't happened for us this season.

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If we weren't staring down $10 mil in dead cap from Matt Kalil, I'd agree.

Didn’t seem to matter when we decided to “kick all KK and Trai’s base salary(about 13M) down the road” before the season. Just so we could....uhhh.....hold on.......it will come to me. 

7 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

That’s a huge, huge reach to try and toss Reid and Poe together as if they are even nearly as bad as the kalil signing. 

i know some will forever hate hurney but to ignore how better Poe has played this year and crucify Reid for the 5 miss tackles we like to highlight and compare to one of the worst contracts in panthers history is a reach. 

run defense has been discussed over and over, it’s not the dt it’s lack of gap discipline. 

paradis has played like garbage however 

Would Paradis. Williams and Gano qualify? That’s about the same level of suck all around. 

That’s 12.6M this year. And we still owe 10.2M to Paradis or Gano after this year. 
That’s over two years. At least Kalil was over four. 

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Would Paradis. Williams and Gano qualify? That’s about the same level of suck all around. 

That’s 12.6M this year. And we still owe 10.2M to Paradis or Gano after this year. 
That’s over two years. At least Kalil was over four. 

No, Williams sucks but it’s complete off the books next year, not sold sold on Slye but availability is the best ability 

paradis sucks this year, I’m giving him 2 years before considering him a complete bust fa 

bottom line is trying to combine a group of players line assembling the ultimate transformer to compare to kalil’s singular contract is absurd and a reach 

5 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

No, Williams sucks but it’s complete off the books next year, not sold sold on Slye but availability is the best ability 

paradis sucks this year, I’m giving him 2 years before considering him a complete bust fa 

bottom line is trying to combine a group of players line assembling the ultimate transformer to compare to kalil’s singular contract is absurd and a reach 

You had a problem with the first group.Not the concept. Money is money. And this was done under the assumption Paradis gets cut (which I doubt we will either. They have until March 20tb or 2M of his  base salary becomes guaranteed. 

Under that scenario, why is any different? Why is 12M this year and 10M more, different than 5M this year and 10M next. None except that group actually costs more during these two years. It’s all wasted.  I guess having so many that don’t live up to expectations, blame can be spread out for optics or bias or whatever  

Unless we expect a dramatic improvement by playing Larsen, we're probably better off sticking with Paradis. For better or for worse, the way Paradis' contract is structured it makes the most sense to hold onto him for two years. Optimistically, we all hope Paradis' decline is largely due to deconditioning after breaking his leg. Working on his technique and conditioning in game situations while building his strength during the week is probably our best hope for him recapturing at least some percentage of his peak form. Also, continuity, particularly with the center position being the de facto leader of the line, has to mean something. At this point we're essentially out of a playoff spot so thinking towards next year, let's see if Paradis makes any strides or we just have to eat his contract and move on in the offseason.

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You had a problem with the first group.Not the concept. Money is money. And this was done under the assumption Paradis gets cut (which I doubt we will either. They have until March 20tb or 2M of his  base salary becomes guaranteed. 

Under that scenario, why is any different? Why is 12M this year and 10M more, different than 5M this year and 10M next. None except that group actually costs more during these two years. It’s all wasted.  I guess having so many that don’t live up to expectations, blame can be spread out for optics or bias or whatever  

I have a problem with any concept grouping a number of players to account for the horrible contract that was Matt kalil, that smells like an agenda immediately.

im also quoting the same guy who doesn’t want to talk about draft picks being too good early but will happily point out when a fa sucks right off bat, you said the same last year for Poe who is light years better than last year 

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Reid has been way below average this year. His ratings are slightly below what Kalil did in 2017. Poe has been better this year but he was rated about the same last year as Kalil was in 2017. Paradis has actually been rated well worse than Kalil which is impressive.

You can try and sugar coat their performances, but the average ratings have been Matt Kalil-ish for a little more than the total bill for speed bump.

I was even excited for the Paradis signing because I thought it would address the hole we had and the fact that we ignored two great interior OL drafts in a row. Our OL is somehow worse than the 2017 squad with Kalil.

What rating system, and please don’t say pff??

sugar coat lol Poe has like 4.0 Sacks and Reid has played like most here thought he would, average to above average, dude has made some big plays in our wins this year, especially the Texans and jaguars game. 

I get it y’all don’t like hurney, but trying to connect the dots between kalils play and contract to Reid’s and Poe are going outside the realm of logic to make a point 

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

I have a problem with any concept grouping a number of players to account for the horrible contract that was Matt kalil, that smells like an agenda immediately.

im also quoting the same guy who doesn’t want to talk about draft picks being too good early but will happily point out when a fa sucks right off bat, you said the same last year for Poe who is light years better than last year 

Whats the agenda? Facts are Facts. Money lost is all the same. You just don’t like it because it Might somehow say anything bad about Hurney. Cause he didn’t cut your luvee. 

And once again, wrong. I have a problem with double standard where you can’t discuss a player like Gaulden because he needs MORE time, but it’s plenty of time to crown them stars...isn’t It. Maybe the agenda is in the mirror. Cause only one of us has a personal issue with a GM. 

Archived