• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Larsen vs Matt Paradis

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Paradis is ranked 32 out of 32 centers in NFL

be it slow from injury recovery or flat non performance , he is terrible 

why not send a message and start Larsen

i know Larsen is not a world beater  but he knows the offense and is not historically bad either 

And apparently it would be hard for him to be worse...

I'm in favor of this idea. Someone call Ron. He won't answer my calls anymore ever since that incident with the...

nm.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I want to say that an experienced starting center is going to be better than his backup.

The fact that it's a question says something though.

Eh, Larsen has 18 starts for us over his career. He may not be a starter, but I think he's definately experienced, so at this point, what do we have to lose by making the change? I think doing it to send the message that poor performance won't be overlooked would make it worthwhile even if Laren was a wash performance wise. It's not like Paradis has been here forever and is some locker room sacred cow that his teammates won't tolerate being benched.

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

Paradis was supposed to be one of Hurney’s greatest signings, everyone said Elway was an idiot for letting him go. Sitting him will make Hurney look even more expendable.

All the more reason

the OL kept 

1. Williams coming off a horrible knee injury which in truth probably takes two years to heal

2. Paradis coming off of a gruesome broken leg

3. Trai turner who has been underperforming since getting paid 

4. Van roten. Below average at best 

5. Moton  who has regressed this year 

6. Little dropped in rankings for a reason

so here we are  ...the center position can be fixed. Do it. From here on out go max protect  quick passes   Go old school. Get it done 

Paradis has been what some feared when most were celebrating the signing, it's worst case scenario with this guy. I'm just not sure Larsen is good enough to have him start but as Scott said, that it is even close is saying something and none of it sounds good to me. Larsen is another example of a backup we are lucky to have but I hope he never has to start again for us again. I see this as a lateral movement so whatever, they both are not the long term answer and I'm not excited to see either start the rest of the year. 

If I had to guess, Paradis is a June 1st cut candidate this offseason. 

13 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Paradis was supposed to be one of Hurney’s greatest signings, everyone said Elway was an idiot for letting him go. Sitting him will make Hurney look even more expendable.

they said that elway was an idiot for letting him go partly bc the huddle invested a lot of effort trying to talk every other GM down to hurney’s level 

10 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

All the more reason

the OL kept 

1. Williams coming off a horrible knee injury which in truth probably takes two years to heal

2. Paradis coming off of a gruesome broken leg

3. Trai turner who has been underperforming since getting paid 

4. Van roten. Below average at best 

5. Moton  who has regressed this year 

6. Little dropped in rankings for a reason

so here we are  ...the center position can be fixed. Do it. From here on out go max protect  quick passes   Go old school. Get it done 

there has been regression all over the board which makes it apparent that the coaching has been lousy.

but yeah hurney definitely banked on a lot of injured players coming back better than before in order for this season to work out. paradis and williams were supposed to be 40% of our offensive line and beyond that, cockrell was expected to come back and bolster CB, while he counted on donte jackson not regressing, so no upgrades were brought in there. his lot of free agents last year performed even worse. 

Archived