• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera may just be the single most gargantuan....

SBiii

....bullsh*t artist I have ever heard in my entire life.

His weekly press conferences are a complete joke. 

Boy I'd love to sit in that audience and ask a series of follow-up questions in response to the watery pablum he spoons out to the compliant local press week-after-week-after-week.

On WFNZ the other day I actually heard the slobbish mid-day guy reference some research (deep dive on receivers related stats) from Carolina Huddle which had been cited by Caroline Cann who must be reading these forums....

....Caroline, please tell Ol' Rowboat to stop the nonsensical gibberish --- just shoot straight man, we will all be better off for it!

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Roman Harper said Rivera was too nice to be a good liar and doesnt know how.

I stand corrected --- Harper is clearly a bigger bullsh*t artist than Ol' Rowboat!! 

(I too heard that and had forgotten it until you pointed it out just now)

12 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

It's his job to dance around the truth in press conferences. His goal is to get out of there disclosing as little as possible.  Every coach does it, and you should be used to it by now.

Exactly.  Whether we like it or not, this is the NFL we have today.

The NFL mandates press conferences because the media help promote their product. If they were given a choice freely, I doubt a single HC in the league would ever hold one. Ron is doing what every HC does, fulfilling his obligation while saying as little as possible. John Fox was the master of How to say nothing in 500 words or more. This is just more of the same.

I am not bashing your post but what does everyone expect him to say? We blew our playoff chances? We suck? Fire me? Slye is the worst kicker I ever saw and we made a mistake?   This is still a professional job and he has to be professional. He gives tid bits and leave it at that. He shouldnt spill all the beans on what goes in his mind. We people act on emotion , more times than not they end up regretting it. He is fine

6 hours ago, SBiii said:

....bullsh*t artist I have ever heard in my entire life.

His weekly press conferences are a complete joke. 

Boy I'd love to sit in that audience and ask a series of follow-up questions in response to the watery pablum he spoons out to the compliant local press week-after-week-after-week.

On WFNZ the other day I actually heard the slobbish mid-day guy reference some research (deep dive on receivers related stats) from Carolina Huddle which had been cited by Caroline Cann who must be reading these forums....

....Caroline, please tell Ol' Rowboat to stop the nonsensical gibberish --- just shoot straight man, we will all be better off for it!

the goal of his press conferences is to say as little as humanely possible, if you're just now figuring that out, that's your problem. He has been doing it fo 9 freaking years lol

55 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

The NFL mandates press conferences because the media help promote their product. If they were given a choice freely, I doubt a single HC in the league would ever hold one. Ron is doing what every HC does, fulfilling his obligation while saying as little as possible. John Fox was the master of How to say nothing in 500 words or more. This is just more of the same.

exactly!

Archived