• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte NC MLS team

Ja  Rhule

Pretty amazing that we are getting a team with an absolute failed showing few years ago.  I remember looking outside my work window and seeing a crowd of 25 people in 4th ward park showing their support for MLS team.  Tepper is the only reason we got the team.  I’m excited and will look to get season tickets.

2 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I'd like to see them stick with the Charlotte Independence name. 

Not sure if that's possible given the USL team but it would make sense and is actually a pretty awesome name in my opinion. 

They would need to buy the right but it’s possibly.

Just saw an article with Tepper filing these as potential names.  I personally hope they keep it simple as Charlotte FC or Charlotte Crown FC

Charlotte FC, Charlotte Crown FC, Charlotte Fortune FC, Charlotte Monarchs FC, Charlotte Athletic FC, Charlotte Town FC, Carolina Gliders FC and All Carolina FC.

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Charlotte Town FC sounds good, it has the classic heritage feel of some of the old school English clubs like Swindon Town

Hmm ‘Town’ to me always has tin-pot connotations to it - people connect it with a small team.

FC United Carolina?

AFC Charlotte?

17 minutes ago, Trev_GFC said:

Hmm ‘Town’ to me always has tin-pot connotations to it - people connect it with a small team.

FC United Carolina?

AFC Charlotte?

the original name of Charlotte was Charlotte Town in 1760-whatever when it was first incorporated though, so i think its pretty cool

Archived