• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Marino mock

raleigh-panther

Just now, SetfreexX said:

So just admitting the Grier pick was a complete waste in the 3rd round...

Ignoring the owners comments on a healthy Cam being elite, and having him on the team is his preference, stated publicly...

Or the fact that OL / DL are absolutely where the focus needs to be....

But we take a PAC-12 QB from Oregon...

Yeah ight.

there's no guarantee cam will be healthy come march and there's no guarantee he will stay healthy.

It might not even matter if Tepper wakes up one morning and just decides to get a new QB

Just now, SetfreexX said:

Add Jacksonville to that, Foles was benched for Minshew...and aside from some KA level hype, he's probably not the answer there either. They just extended Myles Jack, and have competent guys around him. Selecting a LB there with a clear cut vacuum at QB seems foolish. 

I don't think you will see Jacksonville after a QB. They are heavily financially invested in Foles and they seem to like Minshew, who is pretty cheap. I can't see them jumping back into the rookie QB pool.

We should trade up to draft Tua if he's still around at 5 or 6.  Our first and second should get it done.

Even if there's a 50% chance his career is derailed by injuries, it's nearly impossible to get a franchise talent like that at QB.  You have to gamble for greatness in this case.

We'll never be bad enough to draft the Trevor Lawrence type guys because we have too many pieces that can win games (such as CMC, Moore, etc).  CMC alone will win 3 games and put us out of reach for Lawrence.

A franchise qb who is available in free agency only happens once a decade.

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

This.  NO oregon QBs.  

I think we need to go hard at the Bengals for the #1 pick.  Cam and our first and third to move up and grab Burrow.

Oh yeah,

F the kid because he's from Oregon, cant touch him

But lets draft a 

1 year wonder

From LSU at QB

Makes logical sense.  

4 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

We should trade up to draft Tua if he's still around at 5 or 6.  Our first and second should get it done.

Even if there's a 50% chance his career is derailed by injuries, it's nearly impossible to get a franchise talent like that at QB.  You have to gamble for greatness in this case.

We'll never be bad enough to draft the Trevor Lawrence type guys because we have too many pieces that can win games (such as CMC, Moore, etc).  CMC alone will win 3 games and put us out of reach for Lawrence.

A franchise qb who is available in free agency only happens once a decade.

Trading into the top 5 or 6 isn't going to be much less pricey than the #1 draft pick. I don't think that would be wise unless it is a can't miss guy. Not a 50% gamble.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think you will see Jacksonville after a QB. They are heavily financially invested in Foles and they seem to like Minshew, who is pretty cheap. I can't see them jumping back into the rookie QB pool.

They have the cap I believe to move on from Foles, and moving forward with a 6th round selecetion as the focus moving forward seems fated to see the season end up like it has fro them. 

They have Campbell who is older, and Dareus who's going to get cut (I believe his 2020 number is extremely high) on the defensive line. They traded Ramsey for a kings ransom, i could honestly see them moving up, or letting a QB fall to them. 

The belief that these UDFA QB's or these late round guys are the answer needs to stop overall inside most fan bases. If a first round QB is a 50/50 bet then you know taking a flier on these late round / UDFA guys in most cases is a pipe dream. Hell if memory serves even Foles was a 2nd round selection.

I can't think of a QB outside Brady that was a late round choice that amounted to much, and the only UDFA that comes to mind is Romo. Is there another example out there?

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

They have the cap I believe to move on from Foles, and moving forward with a 6th round selecetion as the focus moving forward seems fated to see the season end up like it has fro them. 

They have Campbell who is older, and Dareus who's going to get cut (I believe his 2020 number is extremely high) on the defensive line. They traded Ramsey for a kings ransom, i could honestly see them moving up, or letting a QB fall to them. 

The belief that these UDFA QB's or these late round guys are the answer needs to stop overall inside most fan bases. If a first round QB is a 50/50 bet then you know taking a flier on these late round / UDFA guys in most cases is a pipe dream. Hell if memory serves even Foles was a 2nd round selection.

I can't think of a QB outside Brady that was a late round choice that amounted to much, and the only UDFA that comes to mind is Romo. Is there another example out there?

That's a $34 million dead cap hit. I don't think you will see them do that. If they really want to move on from him, it would probably be in a trade scenario.

If I had to guess, they probably stand pat on their QB's. Minshew and Foles are in the journeyman mold of QB's, so it's possible they can have some success if they take care of some of the other roster holes. This is also a team that had lots of success with Blake Bortles, so I am not sure I would lay all their struggles on QB play.

I agree on the banking on late round guys but it's going to be difficult to simply give up on Foles this early.

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I'm going to roll the dice on taking a chance on an injured player at QB, I'm gonna do it on a former NFL MVP and spend my 1st round pick elsewhere.

People keep forgetting that we have Cam, and I just can't figure out why.  He looked on course to be a monster in his first year in Norv's system . . . and his shoulder wasn't really even right before "the hit".  He was looking pretty good in camp this year before . . .

Yea, he's been hurt this year . . . and it was an absolute freak of an injury.  Non-contact in a half speed preseason game?  Someone in the Crescent City must have had a (*@#$ voodoo doll out for that one.

I dunno man, franchise QB's don't grow trees and we may still have one.  QB is that one position that drafting high doesn't necessarily give you a guaranteed return.

Archived